Does insomnia and anxiety get worse at the end of peri?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

Since 3 1/2 years i have been going through the horrors of peri, the main issue being horrendous insomnia. i was put on Remeron and i was slowly weaning myself off of it as i thought the insomnia was getting better. It was also giving me depression. But the past 6 weeks, insomnia has ramped up again and of course sleepless nights increase anxiety and depression in me. The only coincidence is since 4 months i am not bleeding anymore. I am not taking HRT either. doctor told me to up the Remeron. But the only med that helps me now in Lorazepam. since it is so addictive, i don't take it often and suffer through. Can anyone tell me if all the peri issues get worse shortly before full fledged menopause? My stomach and digestion is also not doing good. it has become sensitive again like 31/2 years ago at the beginning of peri.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Read up on passionflower for anxiety, stress and it helps with sleep. Take care x
  • Posted

Hello. i can relate!  I am wondering the same thing! I dont get the insomina all the time, it comes in waves...a few weeks i am good, then it comes back...its darn right scary! i also take xanax to help cope to get back to sleep...that works well, i also do not like to take any  medications, but i gotta get through this somehow! i am on a HRT, that does help me somewhat...and a low dosage of anitdepressent, tat does really nothing, i need to find a new one that works, i was on one for 13 years that worked so wel until peri kicked in... I am now experiencing closer periods...where as months ago i wnet 4 months with none! so i too am wondering if this is the end! let me know how you make out! stay strong! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.