Does it get better?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Day six and I'm really wavering, wondering about giving up. Feeling really quite ill - IBS; nausea; tired (lack of sleep); tension. Seems like I've exchanged one set of symptoms for another set, at the moment much worse too. These symptoms are quite awful and yet at the same time I'm quite \"driven\" - unable to sit still, wanting to be doing something, pushing myself. Feeling sorry for myself I think, in need of a damn good rest. Just wanted to get this down as sharing might help a bit. I'd appreciate a bit of support, encouragement, thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey, i know exactly what your going thru. Today is day 11 for me, but it does get better, today is also the first day ive slept for seven hours strate, AND not woken up with IBS or nausea, and yesterday i was suffering really badly of both, i actually threw up every morning. It really does get better so dont give up just yet because these symptoms can last for two weeks, yesterday i posted a message asking for advice on how to sleep better and the reply i got was exersice so maybe give that a try, i did yesterday and it worked for me. Good luck!
  • Posted

i would say dont give up on it, give it at least 6 weeks. flu is not for everyone it seems, but it works for lots too, but you need to give it a chance. good luck.

x

• Posted

I'm on week 6 and might just be very lucky, but few side effects apart from disrupted sleep - waking up a lot in the night - and yawning a lot.

I asked my partner if he had noticed a difference and he ways I seem much calmer and less prickly...he doesn't feel he has to walk round me on eggshells. For me - as others have described, I'm not sure I can experience strong emotions at the moment - in neutral maybe - but it's a relief not to have the constant anxiety and destructive internal chatter. I have an appointment to be assessed for CBT next month which should be interesting.

• Posted

Hi Flowers, it does get better, i am on month 3. I was a nervous wreck in the beginning,i have gone through all your symtoms, still got disrupted sleep, waking up with reality dreams, i wake in the mornings on a low note, unsteady footing, inner shaking, but i would rather have that than breaking down amonst friends, once i have had my flu i feel better after an hour or so, my doc, has also put me on PROLANOLOL which is a beta blocker, to slow the heart rate down, so i dont get to over anxious, any concerns i will try to answer for you, there will be light at the end, you have to have a belief, doc has given then for a reason, take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.