Does it get better

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey i suffer from severe anxiety deppresion i just started 100mg sertaline so far i still feel same even worse its hard get out bed my heart pounds when i get up im weak and dizzy no appetite at all nausea im hoping all of this well change

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tabiruse, yes it gets better. I have been taking zoloft for alittle over three months and I feel almost like my old self. I might have to up it some but compared to what i felt before zoloft to now it has been a big help. I still might have a day here and there where i have a bad day but I'll take it. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to feel affects, but my sleeping improved the first four weeks. So hang in there.

• Posted

Hi there, it definitely does get better. Really important to hang in there if you can. I’m on 150mg but I did have a good few weeks of side effects, including increased anxiety (not everyone gets that). However when I did start to feel better I was back to my old self. I hardly recognise myself looking back. I would say give it a good 8-10 weeks before considering  giving up on it. However many feel the improvement way before then. All the best.
  • Posted

Shouldn't it help with my depersonlization

• Posted

It all sounds absolutely normal to me, just how I felt.  I'm 7 weeks in and feeling much better.

I have written a diary right from day one and if you want to read it you'll see the feelings I went through and it might may you realise you're normal!

Click on PopWop above and in my discussions it's called Sertraline Diary.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.