Does lack of Oestrogen affect your judgements?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

I am beginning to wonder if my menopausal symptoms are causing me to over-react.  I have found myself very jealous when my partner looks at beautiful women either in person or if he comments on them on TV or online.  Partly I think it's because my usual size 6-8 figure has been transformed in the last 6 mths to a size 10-12 wobbly complete with cellulite.  I hate my body even though he says he loves it.  I always feel he is comparing me to other women and I just can't compete.  It makes me so sad.  He keeps telling me to take HRT and maybe he is right, who knows.  The libido has gone completely now, can't even conjure up a sexy thought.  Feel as if I am ready for the scrapheap!  Any comments welcome x

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Daisy lady you are not ready for the scrap heap I guess the menopause does all sorts of horrible things to our bodies and that affects the way we think. If your body feels yeuch your brain thinks the same. I too am not the usual size I was and have had to come to terms with being a larger size. At the end of the day the dress size is just a number and we can still look great !! Don't be sad get out there and buy a fab outfit and feel good X
    • Posted

aw thanks Liz.  If I had some sort of shape I could cope with being even a size 16, it's just that I have no waist, just a big stomach and look square! thank you for being kind xx
  • Posted

Please please take care of him and try not to over react, if he keeps on then have a quite word and tell him how your felling.

• Posted

Hi Steve , I read your comment with wonder ' please please take care of him' ...........not wanting to pick an argument BUT how about ' please please take care of US' .......menopause is absoloute hell on earth and we need time and understanding, 😰
    • Posted

we do need understanding Lou is right.  It is a kind of hell when suddenly your body and mind seem to belong to a completely different person 
    • Posted

Hi I've tried to take care, I've done everything I possible could but after an 11 year loving relationship I've been told that I'm not loved anymore and have to leave, I'm torn apart
  • Posted

Well to be honest I couldn't care less who my hubby looks at, and he does ! He looks at other women all the time and when I was younger it used to really bother me and we used to row about it but now I'm going through all this I really don't care. I just think if he wants someone else he will go - if he really can't support me when I feel so bad and love me for all my womanly curves and cellulite along with the stretch marks from having his children and accept me for who I am and how I feel then he's not the man I thought he was. My libido has gone aswell and it's tough ! I'm hoping one day I will feel better but right now I feel crap - in sickness and health right ! x
    • Posted

Lol Lou!  Totally get that.  I think it's because I would hate to lose him as we have only been together 3 yrs and I came out of an abusive marriage lasting 30 yrs and am trying to refind some confidence.  x
    • Posted

Ah I understand where you're coming from. You deserve much happiness after being in such an awful traumatic marriage, no woman or man should be with an abusive partner EVER, I'm sorry you've suffered so much. I'm sure your partner now loves you totally and completley for who you are, you are beautiful just like the song says and are going through changes that your partner will love you for, this is a hard time for us and im sure he will understand and still cherish your relationship with all the love you had in the beginning and into the future..........ive been married 30 years and my hubby can't stand change, he finds it hard to accept that I'm not the person who can run around at 100mph doing everything like I used to and jump Into bed at his command ! I try to talk to him and make him understand but it's all black and white to him so I just accept how he is and try to sort myself out ! Some men are more caring and understanding than others even though they don't mean to be unsympathetic it's just a lack of understanding x
  • Posted

You are beautifu no mater what size you are. I will agree that hormone change does things to your head.
  • Posted

My husband has been very supportive of me going through this trying time. I think because he sees me trying to help myself. If I see him getting irritated about my complaining I stop and decide to just do something about it. I hope your husband relises what you are going through is very difficult and you don't always have control over what your body is doing. 
    • Posted

Yes he is supportive but he just knows that my hormone levels as tested by GP are very low and that HRT will prob fix it.   Because I haven''t taken it he finds it frustrating which is understandable

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.