does the depress person forget about his or her love one

Posted , 3 users are following.

when someone is depressed can easly forget about their love one whent they are very depressed ?

and after they took the medicine for depression can they get back to their normal like and remember their feelings for their love one?

thank you in advanceĀ 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Answer to first quedstion is yes they can forgot, answer to second questions is yes those feelings will return. Thirdl question should be - how can I cope in the meantime? You cope by holding on and looking to the light at the end of the tunnel.
    • Posted

We are all scared of something.. Everyone in a relationship risks the person hurting them or leaving them. It is that or being on your own.
    • Posted

true they can be normal and they can leave

thanks for the input

• Posted

This is something i've been struggling with loads recently, especially before I got my diagnosis I thought I was just falling out of love, but couldn't accept it! I would still like to know how many people are affected like this because I think it's a common symptom that isn't talked about a lot!

I think you "forget" about your loved one due to emotional withdrawal, if you look at other aspects of your life you'll notice it too, thinking about how you feel about your parents or activites you used to love doing as well- the feeling isn't there, but you only really notice with your particular loved one because it's such a huge change! Try and hold on to that!

As to anti-depressants, I don't know as I've opted to try and get through it without, but I have heard that some anit-depressants can deepen your sense of emotional withdrawal so it might be worth asking your Doctor, and bearing in mind that they don't always fix everything?

Good luck smile

• Posted

im not depressed buy my boyfriend thats why im too worried and want to know
    • Posted

Ah ok, even so- i've been struggling with it a lot myself so I think it is really possible. It is really really horrible- you can just feel numb inside which leads makes you feel guilty for not feeling "properly in love" around your loved one. It also makes me into a horrible horrible person sometimes. If that what he's going through then have sympathy and hold on to the fact that it's the illness and that not him!
  • Posted

hi jessica no medication alone cant sure depression u have to work with them imgaine giving a footballer a ball with out a pitch! goodluck, julie
    • Posted

Would have thought it is like giving someone a football but him just standing there and not bothering to kickit around and then wondering why he didnt score a goal.
  • Posted

Anti depressants dampen your feelings because you are feeling bad they are supposed to take away that bad feeling. But they will also take away the good feelings!!! Just as if you pour bleach all over the place you kill the germs and maybe ruin the tablecloth too, and if you take antibiotics you kill the bad bacteria and the good bacteria too,maybe ending up with ibs. Anti depressants do not discriminate they just get rid of feelins so not a good idea when you think about it.
    • Posted

hi i have many feelings if not more than others and im on ADs so disagree my hearts in the right place i know when i feel sad or happy i know if a joke is funny or not i know what i like to eat and i also know how to love someone ! ADs dont take away the bad feelings u have to work with them! julie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.