Does this happen to anyone else when depressed?

Posted , 4 users are following.

everytime i get depressed i cant eat. for example, in highschool my dad was in the hospital for 4 months unsure of what was to come i lost 50 pounds within those 4 months. now recently i weighed around 160 a year ago and was in a horrible abusive relationship and ended up losing 30 pounds within 3 months. i know its so unhealthy but i can not help it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it’s very common. When you feel like that, it’s best to drink protein shakes or smoothies.

• Posted

yes definitely, your stomach is in knotts because your mind is. eat what you can eat little and often and vitally drink, juice, milk drinks, soothing stuff. ask your chemist about complan

• Posted

Personally I view what you describe as a normal human reaction to frightening and stressful experiences.

I definitely would not think you're a candidate for medication unless there were more to it than what you've described here.

It's just your body's way of handling things, and I wouldnt worry unless the weight loss became drastic.

Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.