Does this look like genital herpes?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I always have problems with tearing during sex. I had a sore on holiday around a week ago and now i have another sore. although the sore I have now I think is from wiping as I have had an upset stomach. imageimageimage

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

is it itchy and painful?

have you seen a doctor?

• Posted

It's not itchy at all. It is a little bit painful. This is how its progressed over the last few days. I do get cuts often but it is only ever one cut at a time and is usually after sex.

• Posted

I haven't seen a doctor. I am booked in tomorrow to see one. I know herpes can look like this but I had another cut just over a week ago which makes me think it could be a bacterial infection of some kind as I am cutting so easily. Can you get herpes straight after the last sore? And can it just be one sore at a time? This was the cut I had a week ago.

• Posted

I will also mention they heal quite fast too. They are usually gone in 3-5 days

• Posted

My first outbreak took a while to heal! But now if i ever get any they are like 3-5days!

You can get back to back flare ups too like that and can just be one sore!

Friction from sex can bring on a outbreak! But yours may not be herpes! Just looks typical of one!

You wont know anyways until you are tested!

• Posted

did you ever get your results ?

• Posted

the doctor said it wasn't herpes but since then i've got another sore so I have booked another appointment as I am quite sure it is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.