Does this look like melanoma?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've recently paid more attention to this mole I developed in the last two years. I'm 16 and female, healthy apart from having mononucleosis currently, but I'm really worried over these moles. I have one on the very bottom of my low back (pictured), one on my ribcage, two on my chest, and one on my left arm (though I was born with that one and cannot tell if it has changed). The others all have the same appearance except they are a bit rounder. My family thinks I'm overreacting as I tend to do and won't get them checked, but I'm very worried!image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have odd looking moles all over my body. i recently had to have one biopsied because it looked like it had changed shape and color a bit but the biopsy came back as just a mole. go to a dermatologist and get full body mole check i had that done and none of mine looked odd enough for the to biopsy it. it will put your mind at ease i promise. i don't think it looks like melanoma at all but im not a dr and no one will be able to diagnose you here so its better to go to a dermatologist and just get it checked if you're worried.

• Posted

I have one like that on the back of my shoulder, a dermatologist said it didn't seem to be anything worrisome, just schedule an appointment with one to make sure its ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.