Does this look like thrush, oral cancer, or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have recently discovered growths on the sides and back of my tongue. As well as tiny lumps on the back of my throat near my tonsils. My dentist was supposed to check them today while i was getting some molars extracted, but he never did. I am starting to seriously worry about this, so I was hoping that someone might be able to share skme insight... imageimageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

Don't worry about it... about 4 months ago, I had really bad acid reflux, and developed a sore raised fleshy lump at the very back side of my tongue. Like u, I was really worried, I went to two ENT consultants who both said it's swollen papillae (taste buds). Which they both think was due to the acid reaching the back of my throat and irritating the taste buds... I wasn't convinced so the second ENT recently sent me for an MRI, which I only had this week, so still awaiting results... funnily enough, this week (not to jinx it) but the lump feels like it's finally receeding and not causing me as much discomfort. I would get achy pains under my jaw and down my neck with it, but thankfully that all seems to have calmed down. This is 4 months later, so if it is irritated taste buds it'll take a long time to settle down. I've also been on prescription antacids for the last 4 months so maybe that's something to consider.... I hope u get sorted soon x

• Posted

The growths on the sides of my tongue are now turning into blisters. Does anyone know what this could be?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.