Does this look like typical herpes or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

photo will be posted in comments.

bit of background, ive had bad shaving rash and then put perfumed lotion on my vulva and all around the area which made it buuuuurn! ive also had a yeast infection and cannot stop scratching. ive been using thrush cream which seems to he helping. any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren, so sorry you are experiencing this. Unfortunately your lesion does appear to be that of a herpes lesion that way it looks like an ulcer. Does it burn to pee, and do you feel discomfort or any flu like symptoms? I too thought i had a yeast infection when i was diagnosed with genital herpes so it is common to think that the symptoms are the same or have both at the same time. I highly recommend you go to a doctor ASAP and have the lesion swabbed and cultured to be sure. I hope you feel better, feel free to PM me if you need any advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.