Does this sound like anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello guys, so I woke up today feeling the best I have in a week or 2

I wasn't spending every second of my day worried about what my echo test will hold for me and I actually kind of believed that if I had a heart problem I would know by now as I used to never have palpitations, but it is now night and I felt fine up until I laid down.. Now just laying here I'm freaking out because my heart is beating out of my chest at 100 bmp, i don't feel anxious but I notice I keep bouncing my leg or moving my arm very fast, but mentally I feel calm and in control

But now with my heart racing for no reason I'm starting to think again that I must have something wrong, and I just keep running over in my head the doctor telling me I have an Arrhthmia and heart murmur

I'm almost certain now that my heart murmur and Arrhthmia are gonna be something effecting my heart although an hour ago I felt calm my heart was slow all day no palpitations.. Anyway long story short

Do you guys think 100 bmp laying down is cause for concern, (already freaking out tho) or possibly just some inner anxiety I have?

Thank you so much guys

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No, it is not a concern. if it lasts for weeks without slowing, then yes it might be an issue.  I knew a women, her religion forbid medication. Her heart was racing at 250 beats a minute for several days without slowing before she passed. My heart races from time to time, it does this fluttering thing. makes me take several deep breaths and then it goes. Anxiety make it worse. Take more deep breaths every time you feel stressed. 
    • Posted

Thank you, I never had this as a symptom until just a week ago when the doctor told me I have a heart murmur.. I've known I've had it for over a year but always thought it was nothing until i read online heart murmurs usually are a sign of MVP or AFIB, My last concern was my heart as it's usually Lung cancer etch but since she told me that and that she thinks I should go to an echo for "peace of mind" and to make sure it's not a problem I've been experiencing this rapid heartbeat any time I can hear my heart, I almost wish she would of just said "it's nothing don't worry about it" and I probably wouldn't be having these issues.. Hopefully

• Posted

That is pretty interesting about the woman you mentioned tho, and I will try the breaths, I just don't wanna result to the beta blockers I have. Thank you again

• Posted

I was pretty flipped when I was told I had three autoimmune diseases. One a porogressive disease. When my doc told me, i said amost nothing, I walked out the door and was a zombie with a fast heart for a few days, until it sunk in. I knew I had something but was not sure what. It was good to get a diagnosis, but as i get older, I have to accept that I am going to die. We all are. I am lucky to know how it will happen. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.