Does this sound like Anxiety or possibly another medical condition?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Long story...Around 2011, I was sitting at home in the afternoon. I know we all have tough times, and this was very minor considering things others go through, but I wasnt in school and had been unemployed for awhile. I was in my mid 20s. I was home alone and I just started thinking about my next move in life. I started walking down the hallway and into the living room just thinking of things, when suddenly the thoughts started racing in and I sort of went into a panic mode. I hadnt felt anything like this before, so I even stepped outside to get some fresh air and gather myself. A neighbor was outside, I waived at him, and went and sat on the back seat of the car for a few minutes. I thought to myself, "What in the world is going on? I'm going to HAVE to tell my relatives or someone about this and get help, something isnt right"

Well, I never told them. I did some research online, and figured it must've been some sort of mild anxiety or panic attack. What I experienced wasnt nearly as bad as some of the stories of panic and anxiety attacks, so for the next 2 years or so, I pretty much dealt with it on my own. I never had an "attack" as bad as that first time, but most days I did have a very anxious or jittery feeling at times. Sometimes, the racing thoughts too. I looked up things online like relaxing, "healing" music playlists and would just play them when I felt this way. Amazingly, after those 2 years or so years, it all just stopped. I went from 2013 or 2014 through most of this year with nothing like that at all. A couple months ago, I started going through something similar again, but it only happened at certain times. For an example, if I went out for a night out on the town after going to work, while I was trying to go to sleep following that, I would get a little anxious and jittery to the point I would have to get up and pace around, maybe grab a drink of water. Eventually the feeling would go away and I would fall asleep. This happened about 3 times in that exact same scenario, but over the last 2-3 weeks they've been happening randomly, like just sitting home watching TV. I'll just randomly get anxious, shaky, and restless out of no where. 

Some other things I'd like to point out. I've cut back, but I probably drink too many sodas. Many times, I get very little sleep, probably 3-4 hours. At times, I feel like I get lightheaded too easily. I mean, I can walk through a mall or go hang out at a bar or club all night and everything seems OK, but at times If I exert in a physical activity sometimes (for not even that long) I may get a little lightheaded and somewhat nauseous to the point that I'd need to sit down, the spell would usually go away within 30 mins and I'd continue my day.

I know a Dr. visit is in order, but I'm just wondering, has anyone else went through anything similar or know of any conditions, I just want to get an idea.

From what I've looked up, it seems like it could be anything. I'm not sure if it's just anxiety related or could I had a heart condition like an arrhythmia or worse? Diabetic? Thyroid Problem? Vitamin Deficiency? High blood pressure? If it's just the caffeine and lack of sleep, or maybe those things are aggravating an underlying condition that's already there? I dont know. I've sort of mentally prepared myself that something, even serious, could be wrong but still worried.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your story.  I hope this finds you well.  Firstly, I’m no doctor...  I would suggest connecting with your doctor and explaining what’s been going on.  Probably get a complete physical while your at it.  My assumption is that you may be experiencing anxiety/stress leading to panic attacks.  With that, you may want to assess your lifestyle and health habits.  Sodas with sugar/caffeine and limited sleep may be feeding your anxiety.  Wishing you all the best.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.