Does this sound like anxiety or something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 21 year old male. Over the last 2 years I have been dealing with anxiety issues that flare up over my health and cause me to worry increasingly about all the symptoms I feel...because of this I was so afraid I had a serious issue that i got a Brain MRI almost 2 years ago and was assured by my doctor that everything was ok and just stress. Well now almost 2 years later I am still dealing with a lot of symptoms but theres 1 particularly bugging me the most. 

About 6 months ago I was having gastrointestinal issues which the doctor concluded via blood test that I had mild pancreatitis which was weird cuz I dont drink alcohol but anyways I got an ultra sound that came back normal. This flared up my worry immensely and I started to worry about suffering a long term chronic condition. The symptoms have subsided and I have been relatively much better in that area but recently a completely new problem has started and I don't know what to do.

I developed a tinitus a very high pitched ringing sound coming out my left ear that I could only hear most of the time at night while sleeping or if I focused on it and it has been going on for 2 weeks non stop. This obviously made my anxiety go over the roof because I get these irrational fears that I am going to go deaf or have to live with this sound forever. 

Over the last 3 days this very weird symptom has started and it makes me want to go to the ER and get a CT scan because I am stressing about it so much. Basically I am getting a tickling sensation in my forehead around the bridge of my nose thats extremely uncomfortable. The sensation comes and goes but also switches to the back of my neck and then I get this tickilish sensation behind my neck that comes and goes. Its very uncomfortable and just comes and goes out of nowhere over the last 4 days. I can't stand it anymore but I know when I think about it, it gets worse. Sometimes I feel like its just stress because when I don't think about it, it subsides for a while but then it returns. I am fed up with all these new symptoms controlling my life, I just want to live a normal life without this constant worry and agrivating symptoms.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mike you are hypervigilant so every anxiety symptom you have is causing you to overthink and increasing your anxiety.You obviously have health anxiety which needs to be addressed.You should go to your doctor and get referred to a therapist that can help you deal with your anxiety.You can also try to take some control over how you are feeling by exercising, learning relaxation techniques and eating properly.Also when you find yourself fixated on a symptom try to distract your mind.Do anything that takes your mind off the sensation.Keep telling yourself it is anxiety and as uncomfortable as the sensations are they are in no way life threatening.
  • Posted

Totally agree with Marleen, typical health anxiety symptoms nothing else.

Neil 

• Posted

This hits home for me I have had some of the same symptoms. It's extremely hard to feel things in your body nobody can see it but u feel it! Everyone thinks ur crazy because it's so strange to explain how we feeling. Keep ur head up and kno that your not alone CT scan of my abdomen and with and without the die breast ultrasound deep vein ultra sound x-rays bloodwork EKG's MRI CAT scan. You name it I've done it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.