Does This Sound Like Gallbladder Problem.

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi I'm new to the group and hoping someone can help.

I was diagnosed with gallstones some years ago but have recently started having problems. For a little while now I have been feeling sick and bloated after my evening meals. I only eat small amounts at a time and

very little fat. I recently had another ultrasound scan has was getting pain in the gallbladder area and I've been told that I have multiple gallstones. Anyone else got the same symptoms and would you say it's gallbladder symptoms ? I hate feeling sick !

Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi i don't get sick or feeling sick mines more bloated sore aching and feeling uncomfortable and bruised inside I guess everyone's different😥

• Posted

It definitely sounds like gallbladder problems to me. I found out I have multiple gallstones a few months ago, but have had symptoms for years. I have nausea and severe bloating after eating almost anything, as well as pain under my right ribs and round the back of my right shoulder blade. I am on a lengthy waiting list to have my gallbladder removed laparoscopically.
    • Posted

Hi, Your symptoms sound just like mine.

I was told that I'm on the "Hot List " to have my gallbladder removed. It was supposed to have been done after 2/3 weeks,

that was about 6 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.

I'm scared of the thought of surgery but if it stops these symptoms it will be worth it I suppose.

Good luck with your surgery when you have it.

Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

I'm beginning to wonder how how come I've only 12 days to surgery am i lucky or is my gallstones worse than I though eek 😥🤒😷

• Posted

true it is quite uncomfortable experiencing bloating and frequent indigestions, if they are just small stones I think it would be better to leave it alone for now, unless you have debilitating abdominal and back pain. I had mine removed very recently and I suffered bouts of diarrhea, indigestions and my back pain never went away. The worst part after a week of surgery my navel area where they put the camera became sore down to my bladder and right side of the abdomen down to the groin. I had to call the doctor thinking I developed bladder infection that they had to check my urine but fortunately it was negative. But now what? The pain is still there and I have to keep contacting the doctor until it goes away. now my stomach is so slow to digest the and gets more indigestion if I ate food that does not agree with my system. I did not gain anything from losing my gall bladder but it gave me more problems. if you think your stones will put your life in danger then it is worth the risk of going ahead with the surgery, if not wait. Good luck and I hope my experience will help with your decision making.
  • Posted

HI, I often feel sick and bloated, get a dull ache under my right rib and some more intense stabbing pains. I feel generally washed out and shaky. I've almost totally cut fat out but can still feel very unwell. They've found gallstones but still undecided as to whether it's that causing all the problems. Look after yourself.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up