Does this sound like herpes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I think I’ve been avoiding it and lying to myself to make myself feel better, but I think I have herpes. I had sex 2 weeks ago and we didn’t use protection. 2 days after that I had tonsillitis so I had a fever and all the symptoms of that. However a few days later I found a lump on my vagina. I thought it could be a cyst or an ingrown hair from shaving but then it spread and now I have a few itchy bumps that hurt when I touch them or urine gets on them. Apparently this happens when you have herpes but also when you have razor burns and recently I have been shaving with a very old razor that has rust on it which is why I thought it was a rash. But today my groin glands have become swollen and that is a symptom so I believe I have herpes and I am devastated. Has this ever happened to anyone before or anything similar and do you think it’s a 100% chance of herpes. If anyone has it or is going through something similar please reply😪 btw I will go to the doctors when I have the chance I’m just so busy atm.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

before the bumps appeared did you feel a sort of tingling feeling ? almost like needles poking . you should post pictures if you trully want people to give you an honest opinion of what they think it is .

• Posted

no i had no tingling or pain before they appeared i just randomly felt the bump one day. they havent popped or crusted over theyre just small spots with white pus. one of them seems to have a hair growing through it.

• Posted

I have a similar problem, 3 lumps appeared to me and one broke only after 15-20 days. Tomorrow I'll go to the doctor and write my results here. I'm in a big dilemma too, and I hope it's not herpes.

• Posted

please write your results when you know! i hope mine go by next week

• Posted

woke up this morning and its worse, had to wear a pad last night and that hasnt helped it as it seems more swollen and itchy.

• Posted

I went to doctor this morning, she said that if its painless, its not herpes, I thought that I have herpes, but seems like thats genital warts 😕

• Posted

thats not necessarily true. it usually hurts but sometimes it doesnt

• Posted

this is what mine looks like. doesnt hurt only if theres friction or its irritated. been putting cream on it which seems to help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.