Does this venaflaxine and remeron help anybody out there.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I just keep hearing negatives. A lot about withdrawal. does anybody stay on it for a few months or years. I have been on ven for over 2 years. no problems except it does not help much. 5 weeks on mirt. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi my son is talking venlfaxine and if he forgets to order them he is so sick and ill I would never take them if your taking mirtazapine as well I think it could be very dangerous I don't know what the other tablets are xx

• Posted

They are not “dangerous”. It’s a real problem that non medics dish out anecdotal as well as erroneous information on these forums. I switched from mirt to ven because of the weight gain issues. So far ven working well except I have one side effect. 
  • Posted

Yes. I am on both. I think it was the ven that helped me the mirt on its own didnothing possibly made me worse. I am now slowely coming off the mirt. I will see if it is the combo or if the ven alone helped.

Plan to be off all meds eventually

• Posted

Hi, I'm on 45mg of mirt and 225mg venlafaxine. They work great for me, theyve pulled me out the black hole I was in and allowed me to start recovering from my mental breakdown... I still have the odd bad day but can deal with it alot better than I used to. Don't be scared of these Meds just take them as instructed and try not to miss a dose as lots have trouble when they do. i was lucky enough to have minimal side effects from ven but had a bad time with the mirt for a couple months until it settled into my system. Good luck, I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Posted

ho long did it take you to get up to 45mg. doc raised ven to 300 but i still have anxiety. still on 15mg mirt
  • Posted

I have been on ven and mirtazapine for nearly 3 years now, and they work great for me.
    • Posted

phyllis  I was wondering what doses you take and how long it took you get there especially the mirt.I have  been on ven 2 years . 15mgmirt. I am nervous about going to 30 which is whai was prescribed by doc psych. had a rough time with 30 but only took for 4 days.would you mind helping me. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling well.      Harry
  • Posted

thank you all.     harry
  • Posted

Hi Harry,

I used to take it 6 years ago for major depression and it saved my life. I am on it for the second time now (2wks) and I am hoping it will uelp mw again! Wishing you a quick recovery!

• Posted

Hi Harry. I have taken 300 mg of ven and 15 mg of mirt for the last 3 years. The mirt at lower dosage helps with sleep. It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to really feel better. Are you taking mirt for anxiety? I think it is often used for that and probably the higher dosage helps more with that. Hope you will soon be feeling better. I am so grateful to be on meds that work so well for me.
    • Posted

went to 30 from 15 becaus of some anxiety. depressin was better. been on 30 6 days. worse anxiety and incredibly tired. Tinkingog going back to 15 but afraid of everything i have heard about withdrawal. what do you think. i am trying to get hold of psych dr. which is a problem in itself.
  • Posted

Been on Venlafaxine for about 3 years was great at first, First antidepressant I had taken where I didn't need a day nap. Last couple of months haven't felt like it was working so was put on mirt.  Been 10 days I think.  Scary dreams have gone, dizziness has subsided now I'm battling a cracked tongue from a dry mouth and it's really painful.  Hoping it to subsides like the other side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.