Does Urolift relieve bladder floor pressure symptoms?

Posted , 7 users are following.

It would seem to me that by not shrinking the prostate, but merely moving it around and crunching it up in fact, that bladder floor and urgent urination issues would get worse.  Any thoughts?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Clearly both clinical trials and patient experience on this forum have proven your theory incorrect.  Think of the prostate lateral lobes as curtains and the clips just pull the curtain apart.
  • Posted

Paul, I agree with you. I had a very large Prostate and the median lobe was pushing into the bladder make a valley on the other side of the raised part of the bladder. I was unaware of this until my doctor showed me this on my prostate on a 3 T MRI. So this was not medical speculation. It was visible to me. Along with the pinching of the urethra inside the prostate.

After looking at Urolift, PAE, Greenlight, Rezum, iTEND,  and 3 other procedures which I researched for 20 months. I chose Focal Laser Ablation. This was in December of 2016. I am happy to say outside of the fact that I had to pay for it because insurance will not, this was a wonderful solution for me and the best decision I could make. Also this is a minimal invasive procedure as this is not done by going up the urethra or into the bladder which is good in my opinion.

My number one goal in selection of a procedure was NO sexual side effects. This is so accurate and has the doctors "eyes on" in real time of the tissue he was actually removing that he could show me what needed to be removed, where and how he would do it. Plus he showed me the before and after results the day after the procedure.

Needless to say I am very pleased. Each man gets to make his own decision in how to handle this BPH condition but I felt that common  sense and logic should be applied versus some Urologist giving me the pitch of the month. You obviously feel the same way as your observation and question of the urolift procedure make absolute total logic and common sense.

Good Luck in your decision process but I can tell you there is a guy in Houston who has done FLA for a lot of men with either or both BPH and or Cancer and it is a fantastic solution as far as I am concerned. He specializes in only this and has dedicated his practice to this. If interested, you can call him and he will discuss the procedure and options with you until you run out of breath. He will not charge you or pressure you about anything. There are several threads on this site about him and if you want I will personal message you his contact, just ask.

John 

• Posted

I interpreted Paul5555's post as suggesting that the Urolift procedure would "crunch up" the prostate tissue and impede on the bladder.  Until recently, the Urolift was only suitable for lateral lobe enlargement and could not be used with a large median lobe.  They are working on a variation that would treat a median lobe and I believe clinical trials are underway.  I'm not sure where that stands.

• Posted

Thanks very much John.  Yeah, as anyone who's played with balloons knows, squeeze a balloon in the middle and it gets pushed up at the top and bottom.  The top is where the bladder is. 

Thanks for the info on FLA.  I'm contemplating that myself and people seem to have great things to say about that doctor.

Can you tell me how much the whole event cost you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.