does weight gain cause penis shrinkage?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 42y.o. male from the US. I am 5' 10" tall and 200 lbs. Only 3 years ago I weighed 150 lbs. But due to a new medication I was put on, I have gained. As I packed on the pounds, I noticed considerable difference on my penis length, soft and hard. Is this normal or is it an illusion caused by my recent "beer belly". (I don't drrink, tho)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You havent said what medication it is, but it's probably just an optical illusion caused by the "beer belly".

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Either or when men lose gain weight they loose penis length. The meds helped him gain not lose his penis length.

• Posted

Excess groin fat and any belly fat can make you believe that your penis had shrunk. Nothing can shrink your penis unless you have had surgery to reduce your size. I wouldn't worry about it. Also, I have read that if you are very hairy in that area, it may also appear that you have shrunk.

Luckily, you do not have a chromosome disorder like I do. My penis never grew during puberty because I didn't get adequate male hormones, so my penis is only 4 inches (US measurements) or 10 cm (UK measurements ) when I am erect.or 2 inches when I am not erect. Also, if I had excess body fat, my penis would be smaller than 4 inches when erect and my penis would appear to disappear into my body fat, looking like I had no penis. Also, if you have foreskin, that can change the appearance of your penis size. I don't have foreskin so I assume that can change the appearance of your penis size.

So, as I indicated before, you have nothing to be afraid of that your penis has shrunk because it hasn't.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.