Don't feel like living anymore

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi folks just wanted to share my story cause i am really getting on the edge now. My anxiety problems started about 5 months ago with severe panic atack and at that time i though it was a heart atack and ended up in A&E where i was told it was hust muscle pain. Shortly after i started having aches and pains all over the body which changes by the day (neck/head/chest/arms/shoulders/face) for all the time i couldn't accept it was only anxiety and every time i though it was more severe i ended up in A&E (around 20 times by now) just to be told it was anxiety and i've had echo/dozen of ECG's/at least 20 blood tests/24h holter/3 chest X-Ray/cat scan on my head and x-ray on my neck. All comes back clear except slightly low vitamin D levels.I can't concentrate on anything and my mind is constantly looking for symptoms and in the same time i am always worried about bills/work/housing and other stuff and this is driving me literally insane, i cant find any interests anymore and i am afraid to do any exercise or even walking cause i am always worried about my heart rate which i check like 20 times a day or more... The only thing that kept me going so far is my girlfriend which left me yesterday cause she couldn't continue dealing with my anxiety issue and without her i see no point in living anymore ... The truth is most of my friends are common friends and although she said we can still be friends i can't stop loving her cause she is the first person that i ever saw potential future with and i love her with all my heart and right now i can't stop thinking how stuped and pathetic i am for losing her because of my anxiety... I really don't know what to do but i don't want to live anymore and in my mind it's best if i just put an end to all. 

Sorry for the bad english

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Mitch, there is no such thing as ONLY anxiety. It us horrendous! Multi millions of sufferers, many of whom are undiagnosed, because unless one has experienced it, or is in a position to be an expert in the field, it doesn't sound real. Doctors ignore, or are amused by what sounds like crazy talk when you try to explain what you are experiencing.

I thought I was going crazy or had some awful illness and finally got myself to urgent care where a doctor quickly recognized an anxiety attack and prescribed meds. Within a day I saw an easing, and in less than a week was thinking clearly enough to help myself.

I came across this forum and found help, compassion and information that taught me how to do that. I am now feeling so well it's amazing, compared to just a few weeks ago.

I was a counselor for 43 years. Trust me when I tell you...you do not have a physical or mental illness. This is classic anxiety.  Every person in this forum has experienced the same things.

I am sure that getting on the right meds will make a world of difference...the first step in taking your life back. Please make the decision to go for what will help...anti anxiety meds. We are here when you need a boost or more information. Sending you a big hug, Mitch.wink

• Posted

Mitch listen to CIA42277 he knows what he's talking about and a very nice person

• Posted

Hey man .... I go through the same thing on a daily basis. I'm a veteran as well so the VA has really helped me. My anxiety started way before the military though. I lost my job because of my anxiety. I always had a big lump in my throat at work and heavy breathing, feeling like I had to yawn to breathe and just feeling edgy. It sucks because when I don't have anxiety I'm very productive and funny I'm 26 years old I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life. Anxiety is scary not a lot of people understand it unless you have it us people that have it bond and connect very well. I know you feel lost, have no hope, insecure, scared, and nervous about bills so am I especially not working. I just got a puppy 5 days ago and man does that help me so much. Just someone there to comfort me it feels great. I have been getting anxiety still but way less the past week. They prescribe me meds and a lot of people are scared to take them I am as well. I only took it one time so it probably didn't work, but I'm gonna get myself through this without meds. You have to remind yourself that it's just a little anxiety nothing is gonna happen and this will be over in less then 20 mins. When I get it now I go take my pup for a walk or go grocery shopping, go play baseball, anything to get my mind off the way I was feeling. I hope you get better soon, just remember you are not alone and this website is very good everyone is nice and just want reassurance

• Posted

Also, I had a girlfriend that left me because of my anxiety issues. If they aren't understanding to deal with this they don't deserve us. Anxiety is the hardest thing I've ever dealt with and I'm sure everyone in this chat will agree with me. You can beat it though. I'm here for you buddy I've been in your shoes please don't hurt yourself it's not worth it

• Posted

Cody, I just sent a message on the site of our first discussion asking how you are....and here you are! I am very glad to see you. You will be such a help to many people. We are lucky to have you on the "team."...and so are the new arrivals opening new discussions. Welcome, mate.

• Posted

Thank you, I really want to help others, I want them to know they are not alone this honestly has really helped me already that such nice people are willing to help
  • Posted

But if all your myriad tests on your heart were normal, what are you worrying about?

And there's no point in racing up to A & E if you're not going to believe the answers they gave you? Do you know how much you've cost the NHS and you still go back for more tests which are totally unnecessary, and which you discount anyway.

• Posted

Hi tess i wish it was that simple. i dont discount the tests but every time i feel something differe t i start wonder *what if this time it is real* and nothing takes my mind away from that and i try to restrain myself from going to a&e but doesn't seem to work everytime and i keep doing it because i have read tons of information about tons of illnesses and most of them are lethal and the test I've had so far dont cover all so my mind is thinking it might be something like that... again i wish i know how to stop it ....

• Posted

Mitch, if you're going to spend all your life looking up lethal illnesses you won't have a chance of beating anxiety..

• Posted

Focus perhaps on minor symptoms for instance insomnia, acid reflux and muscle pain. There are fixes for these ailments . take a vacation or sick day away from the computer to see if you get better.

• Posted

Tess, is there any way you can go to a new discussion by knowing the title question?  I seem to be the only one responding to this 65 year old man in trouble. Way over my head with drug question. If so, the intro is...,Working life with Depression and Anxiety Disorders. Thanks either way, darling girl.
    • Posted

yes i tried that ss well but pain is still here and many times i cant decide if its muscle pain or something else as its coming for like 30 seconds hen completely disappears and 2 min later hitting again for example. vacation is out of the question as currently i can't afford even a day off but what i noticed that helps is wheb im around friends but now when my gf broke up with me i can't see how ill be even able to do that

• Posted

If you google the exact words in a title you can find the discussion or parts of it
    • Posted

see g's reply to finding him.

• Posted

Thank you, g. I asked Tess to look at your reply. You might want to take a look also?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.