Don't feel my self

Posted , 4 users are following.

So recently Iv been feeling really hot headed, the back of my head and neck feel really heavy and achy mixed with hot flushes. I constantly wake up with weird head sensations and it's driving me crazy. I feel so out of place in my body, I try and sleep at night but feel so disconnected it scares me. I know it's mainly anxiety and derealisation but I don't know how much longer it's going to go on and it's stopping me from living my life. I feel like I don't know what reality is or who's around me and who I amsad

P.s. I do take St. John's wort and have been for just over 2 weeks, but unsure on whether to start anything stronger.

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Niamh hang in there. Speak to you Dr and also ask about therapy. I get the most awful, funny sensations in my head, I try to say to myself it's your anxiety and keep going. It starts when I wake up, but I try to keep myself busy and keep my mind occupied. Don't let anxiety be the boss, you can come out the other end a better person. The first step is asking for help, there is no shame in it, we all need help at some point in our lives. Stay strong. Best of luck.

P.S. I 'm sure you can't take St John's wort with any other anti depressant etc.. so let your Dr know. cheesygrin

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello niamh I get all kinds of weird and painful head sensations from anxiety that drive me insane , head pressure,tingling , soreness, tightness in my neck , burning sensations, and many many more in my head on a daily basis , and I've had all test done , bloodwoork, MRIs of my brain, everything based on the drs I'm healthy , I just still don't believe them
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

see how it goes for a bit on the sjw if you still feel rough and want something done see a dr because what you are taking is a natural remedy and may not be curing the brain by resupplying appropriate proteins.  Get help if you think you need it.

rich

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Defo is anxiety an stress I had a head ache for months as if some one stuck a nife in the top of my head I haven't Had it for a long time now but for about a year and a half I had this felling dizzy and also feeling like my breathing was very faint so every week I would go doctors saying there's somthing wrong I'm not right thing I had al sorts wrong with me I never wanted to go to work couldn't concentrate on any thing a started to get s lump in my throat from the stress then I started to go A&E to see if I could get answers in the end I started to get depressed having horrible forts and feeling like what's the point I'm sick, sick of feeling like this and I would look at people having fun an think why am I so different you not different trust me it will go away 🙂, and feeling like I was goin mad literally as if I wasn't normal then I finally got answers after a year and a half I had an anxiety disorder and was put on an anti depressent which works great I still get the feeling sometimes but soon goes away the best thing to do is don't panic and think there's somthing wrong because that will make you worse just take deep breaths and do your every day thing you would normally do it helps you have to make your self do somthing as it will get the better of you else, xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up