Don't forget your prescription, repeat or other!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I asked for advice the other day, having not put my repeat prescription in early enough then, running out Saturday!

This morning I started getting fuzziness, ringing and dizziness.

My Fiancee, Ann, went to the surgery first thing this morning after work to get the repeat signed and got a negative response from a new, young receptionist with no guarentee of getting it today!

Ann, did an about turn when she got back at 9am and helped me to the surgery, as I was going downhill pretty fast. I didn't wait to talk with the receptionist, but went upstairs to sit on one of the chairs in the hope to catch my Doctors eye, in the meantime Ann managed to get me an emergency appointment within half an hour. I got my prescription and took my dose.

Now, at 18:02, the fuzziness and dizziness has not really subsided, nor the ringing. I now have nausea, I feel awful and down!

I just wanted to remind everyone not to forget their prescription! YUK!

David

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Well a few of us did warn you ..and we said to see your pharmacist to get a couple of pills till Monday .....
  • Posted

hey david,

sorry to hear your feeling bad at the moment. these things happen though! we cant remember everything! i hope after your second dose you start feeling 'normal' again.

• Posted

Hey David, glad you managed to get your prescription eventually.  It's really not nice when you miss your meds is it.  I forgot to take them on holiday once and began to feel really ill and had to go get an emergency prescription from the chemist.  Difficult, but managed eventually.

The receptionist SHOULD guarantee your medication that day.  Would she do the same to someone on heart pills?  You can become very very ill when you miss your meds, so for someone to not take the urgency of that seriously is being very unprofessional.

The nausea will pass soon, and you'll be back up top soon too.

K x

• Posted

Hi David, just thinking would it be worth cutting a strip of 6 tabs off, and build a fall back stash, also get the Doc to sort you out with, 2 or 3 month perscriptions, even though you only draw one month at a time

That said I doubt you'll do it again

• Posted

Thanks guys,

I knew I would get some helpful advice sooner or later.

We did mention this to my Doctor and I did, politely suggest, that the receptionist perhaps requires a little more training (and a more sympathetic understanding and approach to patients needs), I think this made me focus a bit more than I would have done. Saying that, it is, as Ketcogs said, important that receptionists understand and I know, from one particular career, that things have to be done properly and there is always a reason why!

I have to say that on talking with one of the pharmacists were we usually go (they seem to come and go quite regularly, that they would have to know us very well to consider handiing out odd meds. We then went to the main Boots in town (there are other chemists in the high street and other towns of course!) and gave them the repeat. We asked the same question and got a more positive answer even though they would not just dish em out willy nilly, but I thought, should I be a numpty again I'd feel less of one going there!

I am only getting a months supply at a time now that I am on 40mg (and the increase really started to work, level me out proper like, until I ran out!), but with my next pre booked appointment only 9 days away I will ask about having some in reserve. Although, I do not intend to do that ever again, trust me it was absolutely awful, I feel it was worse than the initial side effects. Yesterday, is a horrible blurr.

This morning, after a night of horrendous dreams, I feel almost back on track even with some persistent ringing things are better. I didd get up in the night feeling I was going to be sick, but that came to nothing.

As I have mentioned a BIG lesson learned and I do not recommend anyone forget their meds, even worse run out! It was my own fault for riding that wave and forgetting to tie the board to my ankle!

Thanks again guys you do not know what your response means to me, especially these days when we don't hear much if anything from some of the old regulars!

"Old regulars!", I have only been here four months, what am I like? What am I like, well, I am like I feel a part of a disperesed Family who come together to help each other when ever possible.

I only wish (silly I know) that my dear late Dad (who had a similar illness many years ago) could have had the same kind of extra wonderful, loving support I have here. In fact it would have helped me as I looked after him for 16 years after Mum passed.

This is why I, have chucked in the old life (and style) and want to turn this into a positive and help others.

Thank you, love you all (Nick - man hug!)

Abide.

David

• Posted

You've only been here 4 months?  Seems like I've been talking to you way longer than that!

K x

• Posted

Me too!

The lasts 4 months have been a rough old road off and on, but with your, amongst others, advice and support it has made it a more durable journey!

Ann has asked me to thank you too, on her behalf, for helping her to help me; that of course goes to other out there too!

Cheers me Dear!

David X

• Posted

It's tough for partners watching you suffer, not knowing what to do.  My husband was like that too, and offered what support he could to me.  It was a real eye opener for him when our son became ill last year with it too and he could see the similarities from when I'd been ill many years ago.

Aw bless ;-)  So glad you've had the support from Ann ... makes for a very close relationship smile

K x

• Posted

She's my "splitapart".

Sorry I have not replied sooner, but I have just (hopefully) come out the otherside of missing me med. Been quite out of sorts!

Here's to a good weekend for everyone!

David x

• Posted

Sounds good!  Yes it does knock you for 6 when medication is missed.

Have a good weekend too :-)

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.