Don't know what'a wrong with me..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay, so kinda long story. It started back when I was a Sophmore in Highschool, I have now been graduated for about 3 months. But, anyways, I would get this tight feeling in my chest, it bugged me and would freak me out. The only way it would feel better would be if I slouched on my chest or layed down on it, basically put pressure on it, I guess. I don't know if I would freak out over the tight feeling on my chest, but I''d start sweating and feeling hot, then I would get dizzy and woozy. I also had problems eating, and my chest would feel tight when i swollowed. So I finally decided to go to the hospital, I was in the ER and I told them my symptoms and they didn't find anything. They told me my heart was healthy and that probably just had anxiety. So it calmed me to know that apparently "nothing was wrong". So I started to feel better and my symptoms were easier to control, but through time my symptoms started changing, they were way less rough but instead of chest tightness it's now like a sharp pain in my chest, usually the left side. So when the symptoms started to change, I went for another check up at the doctors. And once again, they told me my heart was completely healthy, it was like a clinic, the only thing that was wrong with me was that my iron was a little too low than it should'be been. So I was like okay, cool I guess. And well my symptoms come and go, that was about a year ago and the symptoms are finally back. It really disappoints me because I want to join the marines, my running was fine for a long time and all of a sudden, about a week ago, I start getting sharp pains on my chest when I run. I get paranoid and stop running because I'm scared I'll collapse or something. I really don't want to go back to the doctors and look dumb again. They never find anything, so I wanna know if this does sound like anxiety to you guys ? I really need to proceed in my career.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh, yeah. And sometimes when i'm just laying in bed, I'll get these weird painful chills on my upper body, with a sharp painful feeling on my chest. It's a new symptom I've never had before, so I just wonder if it's still anxiety

• Posted

To me it sounds like anxiety. The scientific reason for it is that you get anxious, for whatever reason and it sendes stress hormones such as adrenaline into your body and that causes pains, dizziness sometimes, and just a faster heart rate and could also make you sweat. So seems normal to me and sense your doctors have already checked you I would say that yeah it is anxiety.
    • Posted

thank you so much for your response. makes me feel much better to know it seems normal.
  • Posted

I feel you. Im a jr in high school and I suffer pretty bad from anxiety and its symptoms. This is exactly anxiety, I went to the ER because of almost the same symptoms now my symptoms have completely changed to headaches and jaw pain. The doctors in the ER told me I was completely healthy. Anxiety is very powerful and it can make you feel like you are literally going to have a heart attack. You arnt alone my friend, don't let this stop your career presume it, you only got one life and it's a waste if you let this control it. My advice is as soon as you fee a symptom take a deep breath axhale slowly and say to yourself "I'm fine" keep on doing this. If this doesn't work try to just keep your mind off of it as best as you can. I hope this helps <3 remember your not alone and you can get through it

• Posted

aww thank you very much <3 it feels better knowing i'm not alone although it sucks you have to experience this too sad thank you so much for your feedback! hang in there.

• Posted

Alma, this is definitely anxiety. We read these symptoms every day. It would help you a lot to read through other anxiety discussions here. You will see all your symptoms and many more.

It is curious that when I suggest reading other peoples discussions, almost everyone doesn't do it. The few that do, have a big head start in dealing with the anxiety.

One of two most common fears with anxiety is, something is wrong with my heart, and the other is, thinking you have a brain tumor.

Learning is power. The more you learn about anxiety and how to handle it, the more power you have to begin to get your life back, Honey. Sending you a big hug, Alma.wink

• Posted

Thank you so much! Your feedback was very helpful, I'll definitely look into reading other people's stories. (:

• Posted

Good for you, Alma. Knowing you are not alone, and that others are dealing with anxiety and its symptoms will give you a measure of peace, and some good ideas of things you can do for yourself. Hugsconfused

• Posted

I pass thru the same think everyday and your not alone I have pass thru it a lot trust me is anxiety I have seen different doctors and they all say me is anxiety
  • Posted

You do need to go back and see you doc,and get on a antidepressant,and feel better. Not sure where that leaves you as far as getting in the military,but that's your choice

• Posted

Bud you will make it through this, just talk to your doctor and be completely honest with your situation. They can proably help you with making a plan and everything. It is not uncommon, you just need the help you deserve. Have a lovely life and good luck with the military I bet you will make it, you seem determined enough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.