Don't know what I want or need. Confused.

Posted , 7 users are following.

So.... My depression went away for a day. They day I got so off my head I blacked out for 5 hours. The thoughts... wow at least 3 times a day minimum the suicide comes into my head. Visions of how. How would be best to end my life? Ah il cross the bridge when I come to it.

It's my birthday next week 😆 21!!

Should be happy. On top of the world! I used to be such a happy guy. No every day is filled with depression.

I want to die.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi oliver

So sorry for your suffering. Do you mind me asking how long you have suffered with depression? Unfortunately with depression you can feel better one day and the next you can feel so desperately unwell. It can get disheartening but remember you will get better in time. Have you spoken to the doctor about your suicidal thoughts?

You are still very young and have so much life to enjoy. I know it may not seem that way now but trust me you will get better and please speak to a professional about your feelings.

I really wish you better Oliver and hope these thoughts leave you quickly.

We are all here to help you in any way we can. Even if it's just to talk things through.

Stay in touch

God bless you

Lorraine x

• Posted

Thank you for responding. The fact that I will be happy one day is the only thing keeping me going at the moment if it wasn't for that I don't know where I would be. I have dreams of traveling the world you know. One day I might. Im just at rock bottom I can't see any way forward at the moment and it makes me sick to my stomach
    • Posted

Hi oliver

Keep the focus on your future. I know how it feels to be rock bottom and fully understand the depth of suffering you are experiencing. It's hard to imagine things getting better but I promise you they will. Are you taking any antidepressants and if so how long have you been on them?

Keep in touch as many times as you want. I mean that from the heart.

Lorraine x

• Posted

No. I really don't want to go on them. Some of my family where on them and got addicted rolleyes I'm trying my best to be positive but don't know how long I can keep it up
    • Posted

Hi oliver

I really hope you will have a chat with your doctor. Depression is an awful illness and you may get a medication that will really start to make make you make you feel better. I know you mentioned your worried about addiction but that's very unlikely. Your situation and suicidal thoughts outweigh worrying about possible addiction. Which again is very unlikely.

Do everything you can to relieve your suffering. Life will be good again oliver.

God bless

Lorraine xx

• Posted

Hi Oliver how long ago were your relatives on them?   I ask this because ad's years ago could be very addictive but there are a lot of newer meds out now which aren't.   

Often depression goes away without treatment but sometimes it won't, so unless you want to carry on suffering you need to think carefully before turning them down.   Like Lorraine said is it better to be suicidal or addicted?  I know which I would prefer.   x

• Posted

Hi Oliver,

I just wated to tell you that your not alone in this.  I too am battling my own depression now.  I understand how you feel.  I hope that you will focus on the future because from my experience.  while waht your feeling now is horribly frustrating.  I promise you get through this please believe that there are better days ahead.

It's hoping and staying focused on the near future when the depression has subsided.  I've been reading some articles good psycology sites so that I can find a solution to get better quicker.

I know it hard but hang in there you will get better...

And remember your not alone.

Have a happy birthday!

Amanda

• Posted

There is obviously something troubling you, do you want to talk about it Oliver?  Something has brought you to this dark place and you need to talk about it.

If you can't talk to a friend or a relative....or on here, then you need to see your doctor and find some therapy.

All your life is in front of you.  Traveling is the love of my life, but I have only been able to do what I have by staying alive long enough to be able to do it.

When I was 21 I was in a terrible place with no hope for the future.  Many, many years later I have been to all corners of the world and seen things that most people only dream of.  That could be you.

If you take your life now you will miss the most amazing things that would blow your mind.

Take care....and please, please talk...to anyone.

Pat xx

• Posted

Do you know what started you feeling this way?

It went away for a day and it can leave again.

Death is final..you have a purpose..you are only 21...you matter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.