Don't know what to do!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been suffering from Depression for a number of years. Tried a lot of pills, with no success.Dr asking me what I wanted to try! My pharmacy recently suggested Mirtrazapin and went to gp. I've been on 15mg two weeks and have just upped it to 30mg. Is it a case of feeling worse before better?? I have this overwhelming anger.Its dreadful I go from 0 to 1000 in a millisecond.Want punch walls, doors.Tonight I just stopped myself hitting a glass door.Usual side effects of course, but never felt like this and I'm frightened.Live by myself don't know what to do.Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This can be a side effect, yes. I don't think it is the right drug for you. I would go back to your GP ASAP.
  • Posted

Hi Karen

I'm sorry your really going through it.x I found my anger (which tbh I have a bit if anyway) was going through roof with mirt - just wanted to punch and scream at everyone, so weening self off slowly and going back in citalopram which had other side effects but seemed to help with my anger.

I say this but I think my anger is very hormone related too and I have hormonal imbalances, which I am looking into. But mirtazapine Defo made this worse, mostly befoRe my next dose, so maybe my dose was too low. I didn't want to up dose as gp suggested as although felt lovely (stoned) after first taking Dose, I also had weird out of body, unpleasant feeling through the next day.

Not sure if this is case for you. Do you have any other side effects or is it helping you in anyway? It's a hard choice weather to stick on meds longer/ go up / change. My friend started on mirt same time as me and it's totally helped him. Sorry I can't be more helpful but hope you find what works for you.

X

• Posted

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Hugs. Got into drs this morning. He said to keep on the lower dose for while longer. Hopefully the side effects will lessen..Not sure if I want to, but Dr knows best I guess. Another app in a weeks time, so fingers crossed.Keep well..Thanks again
  • Posted

Hi karen,so sorry to hear you're in this position.....I was diagnosed with anxiety and 'low mood' 6 months ago and was prescribed mirtazipine 15mg (at night),after two weeks my doctor upped the dose to 30mg as I was still quite tearful and angry at everything....doctor said they take 4-6 weeks before you really start feeling any benefit. I think what you are experiencing sounds quite normal so do try and stick with it,maybe get yoour coat and shoes on quick and go for a brisk walk around the block......I still do this even now sometimes....and remember at all times that YOU ARE NOT ALONE,hope this helps,keep me posted x
  • Posted

Hi karen,so sorry to hear you're in this position.....I was diagnosed with anxiety and 'low mood' 6 months ago and was prescribed mirtazipine 15mg (at night),after two weeks my doctor upped the dose to 30mg as I was still quite tearful and angry at everything....doctor said they take 4-6 weeks before you really start feeling any benefit. I think what you are experiencing sounds quite normal so do try and stick with it,maybe get yoour coat and shoes on quick and go for a brisk walk around the block......I still do this even now sometimes....and remember at all times that YOU ARE NOT ALONE,hope this helps,keep me posted x Also just to add that you may notice your legs ache and that you tend to eat more as these tabs increase your appetite!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.