don't know why i'm living anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

so i recently left my religion and ever since then, i've realised that the only reason religion exists is so people can enjoy life. to me, religion puts people in a safe net, allowing them to be happy and enjoy life because it adds meaning to it. they're living a lie, and are missing the harsh realities of life; i.e, we're on this planet for an unknown reason and we don't know our purpose. 

i'm stuck on this thought. i'm incredibly unhappy and i've tried to force myself into believing in god but i can't. i always regret leaving my region because i was happy, even if i was believing in something blindly. 

i'm so miserable and life seems pointless at this point. the funny thing is that i WANT to enjoy my high school years and i WANT to be happy. i want to die but i want to live at the same time. i cry every minute and i feel emotionally numb and i don't want to continue living anymore. 

i get p****d off seeing people having kids because i'm thinking why are these people having kids when they're just gonna grow up miserable when they find out what life really is?

i don't know what to do and i don't know if i'm depressed.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah I am so sorry that you are struggling so. How did you get so caught up in religion like this that's a very deep subject and it sounds like you are very young. Not that age has anything to do with it I just hate to see you in such anxiety about it at such an early age. Diane 

• Posted

hi diane

thank u for your response.

these ideas about existence/religion came down to me randomly/involuntarily as realizations after i had an stress-induced-anxiety panic attack.

i know what you mean, age shouldn't matter but these are pretty mature subjects and usually, people at this age are more concerned with having fun/school.

i wish i didn't have to be caught up in this..it's like torture and it makes life seem sad.

• Posted

Hannah

Many people have faith not really attached to any faith or church. Generally people feel to make decisions related to their conscience so you are not alone with your concerns of Faith. You are just starting to make your way in life and still at High School, everyone is different and you will begin to make many more profound decisions in your life as you become older.

When I was in my teens I had a great deal of family problems and that effected my decision to have children. Even though I regret that decision I now understand the reasons for those problems and can see how life can effect our future life choices. At this time you need not make any decisions regarding your future because your future needs have not been met, you will meet someone who will help you work out both of your family dynamic.

Enjoy your life, talk to your GP, you need to discuss your low mood. Your life is just beginning  you are very lucky enjoy

BOB

• Posted

Hi Hannah - sorry to read you are suffering like this. Religion can be a solace to some, a self-righteous platform for others, and the bane of existence to victims of it's man-made teachings and justifications for hate and discrimination.

Personally, i think you have made wise and brave move - to question faith. This is the gateway for you to explore other aspects of spirituality and find yourself in the process. 

But first, can I suggest you make an appointment with a doc? A counsellor at school? You need to talk about what is going on and find help and hope. You are young, your whole life ahead of you, and you are fortunate to be living in this day and age when intelligence has trumped superstition, and issues like depression and anxiety are intellectually assessed rather than condemned as some sort of visit by some invented demon.

Hannah, life is going to throw you challenges - it's what it's all about - a realm of compounded learning through a physical, limited experience. Self examination and understanding is the strongest position you will have in your life. 

• Posted

i love life and i want to be a normal teen living and enjoying life and having a great time with friends. but i can't help but think "we're ultimately here for no reason" and it ruins it all for me. 

• Posted

How are you doing? An estimated 350 million people of all ages experience symptoms of depression. Moderate depression can turn severe over time and lead to suicide. So my advice to you is to talk to your GP about how you're feeling and start making steps to improve your mood.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.