Don't want to be me!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Lying in my bed, it's my safe haven

But still so scared

I'm not normal you see? I'm not like you, I am just like me!

My thoughts just aren't the same as yours

I have my very own train of thought!

It varies so much that I'm so confused

I wish I wasn't me, I wish I was you!

Sometimes I think...yes! I'm actually doing okay..then something happens to take it all away!

I want so much to be a normal person

But the more I seem to try the more my thoughts worsen

I just can't escape these poisonous thoughts, I guess from a young age it's what I was taught.

I hate thinking so deeply I hate the way that I think, I want it to stop to not be on the brink...of craziness! Now I hate that word but how else I can describe it? I just have no words!

I'm not a normal person, I know that it's true I just hope and pray that one day...

I'll be like you!

2 likes, 173 replies

173 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi don don

I like your writings they carry with the most so much meaning

You know most of what we see with our eyes is an illusion right the happy family in the photos etc it's a pause in time a breif moment captured by an artist of sorts reality is there's no body better than you Hun

When you're unhappy the your mind tells you there are better out there however as I always say in search of greener pastures we often forget to stop and take in the beauty that already surrounds us we all do it its not abnormal to want a better life or to want to feel happier

You don't need to be anybody but itself you are very specail and worthy of all you dream of

Thinking of you

Mike

• Posted

Beautiful words from someone like you. Your words have meaning with me and they ring true.

We may be depressed or maybe just sad.

When we decide that things are better my family and I will be glad.

Our thoughts are sometimes racing. We don't know how to describe it. We force ourselves up and dont lie in our bed. We convince ourselves that this is just in our head.

• Posted

What makes you think you're any different than the rest of us?

• Posted

Individuality Chris is the easiest way to answer that!

I suppose it depends on the time on the question whether it can be mis interpreted text and words are funny like that you can't tell the tone of which a question is asked

• Posted

you seem to think you're so different than everyone else but you aren't. Everyone goes through the same things you are, it's how we choose to deal with these issues that make us different.

• Posted

It's just a poem. The "you" isn't referring to anybody in particular, I guess it's just fictional. I certainly wasn't implying that I was better than anyone else, suffering more than anyone else.

But yes each person is different therefore I am different to everybody else and them to me. We're all individuals, no two people are the same.

• Posted

Hi Chris

That's boggled my mind if I'm honest, I'd like you to explain that statement a little more if you will please.

Yes I do think I'm different to everyone else in regards to upbringing culture values etc we can't all have the same stance point on things,

As emotion can not be quantified I can't say if you, I , or anyone else suffer more or less than anyone else regarding an issue we may share all the site allows us to do is to let people know how we handled something and what worked for us, it's what the site is there for, of course I'm different to you and you to every one else because no one has lived the lives we live but us,

I don't think I've had it worse or better than anyone else at all what I do do is say I felt like this about something and it was hard I struggled has anyone got any thing that has felt like this and what helped them or on the flip side I felt like this and this really helped me maybe it'll help them too,

when things are hard is easy to take offence at something maybe a method a person has tried and worked for them someone else tried and I didn't work for them that I imagine may sound very patronising to the person that's struggling again we are all different,

I don't think there's a right and wrong answer to things I think the site allows people to explore options that has worked for others maybe find something that they haven't tried before people on the site share the stories in order to help other chris that maybe struggling not to upset or belittle anyone

I do apologise if I have offended you it seems never an intention to upset anyone if you are struggling with an issues of your own and can't find a solution maybe you could set up your own discussion and someone could help you discover an option you haven't tried yet or maybe just five tou peice of mind that your not alone in the suffering of such an issue

Mike

• Posted

There is true depression, and then there are those who complain about their life not working out the way they want and are depressed about it. Two totally different things. All the people crying wolf about their "depression " really minimizes the outlook on those who legitimately suffer from clinical depression. Whining and complaining because something didn't go your way is not depression. Get off your ass and fix it, work hard and quit complaining. People with true depression can't do that. Most of the cases of "depression I am hearing about here are from very young people who haven't even begun to experience the potential shXX storm life can bring their way. They just don't like the fact that they have become fat and someone dared call them fat, or they are lazy with no motivation and they can't get a good job at be in a healthy relationship. Those are all choices and feeling "depressed" because of the consequences of those choices is not depression. Maybe there should be a separate forum for " clinical depression " and " unhappy with my life".

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

I remember you you now! Two daughters brought them up alone right?

You still finding it hard to accept things wife cheated left etc living at home or back with parents or friends

Your really down on yourself chris you I think if I remember correctly you were a military man or high in the police force something like that all went to shXXX right?

We are different chris I have no idea how that feels how can I it's never happened to me what I do know is your as lost as everyone else so in that respect your the same

But for some one to appreciate your pain they really have to have experienced it

Mike

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

So tell me chris which category do we fall into I think your a strong person chris you had tough times people are more sensitive than others doesn't make them bad people or time wasters ya know

What people feel accept can deal with is purely based on what they as individuals see as important we can't dictate to people how they should feel hitler was a dictator empathy is not a skill you can learn chris if someone is down regardless to the reason it hits home to that person ya know as a support network we should help those people what's important to one person may seem trival to others

That's why we are different

• Posted

Major or clinical depression is a serious but treatable illness. Depending on the severity of symptoms, your primary care doctor or a psychiatrist may recommend treatment with an antidepressant medication. He or she may also suggest psychotherapy, or talk therapy, in which you address your emotional state.

This it completely different than being self diagnosed as "depressed" when life doesn't go your way. Even with everything I have gone through, I was only depressed, I wasn't suffering from depression. There is a big difference.

• Posted

Chris your an intelligent man I'm sure you realise that depression like most problems is progressive it starts very small maybe one factor as you said fails a relationship for instance

We suck it up as you suggest move on don't talk about it the feeling sits heavy with us something else fails again we ignore it soon enough we have a whole load of depressive thoughts ya know it's not for everyone but personally I'd like every young person that had a problem to address it that way we would eradicate clinical depression it always starts small it's not dealing with issues when they are small that make them huge we allow them to grow

• Posted

You are having a hard time understanding. True depression is not caused by life situations anymore than being bipolar or manic depressive is. These can be triggered by incidents but are genetic disorders. To label everyone who experiences depression as having the disorder of clinical depression is minimizing the public outlook of those who are legitimately suffering from depression and will actually hinder the care that is given to them. Just like those who aren't in chronic pain going to the doctor for pain meds or this without calic disease jumping on the gluten intolerant band wagon.

• Posted

You are confusing "depressive reaction " with depression.

Depressive reaction. A less-severe and often temporary depression that arises from a specific life situation. In modern diagnostic language, a depressive reaction to a specific life stress is technically called a "stress response syndrome" (formerly known as an "adjustment disorder with depressed mood"wink.

• Posted

"clinical depression is a tricky beast. Anyone can have a bad week and feel bummed out for a bit, but major depression is a chronic psychological illness that involves debilitating symptoms. ... That's not to say that some people aren't cured of depression; they are. But many are not."

• Posted

Haha no sir I'm having trouble understanding your perception of depression

Your now suggest it's understanding is due to intellect lol

You first commented that on this post to don don regarding a poem lol but you know nothing about don don what's you did was make an assumption she isn't clinically depressed based on what's I'm not sure but if your theory was to be right surely before you comment something like that you'd have to know everything about don don

Your a military man right you realise that assumption I say the mother of all Fxxkups

So what your saying I say that depression does not progress to clinical that's what I'm having trouble with it's not really not understanding depression it's understanding how such an educated man such a son your self can beleive what he's writing lol

• Posted

I am getting all my information from the psychological professionals. If you disagree with what I am writing then you are disagreeing with them. These are not my opinions. According to the experts, who know more than you and I, depressive reaction, which most people mistake for depression, does not lead to clinical depression. That is not my opinion. Depressive reaction is no different than something making you happy or sad. It is a temporary response to an incident or situation and does not lead to the deabilitating disorder of true clinical depression.
    • Posted

Your looking at it like a hardware soft ware approach but we are not computer nor machines your saying it's genetic not influenced that's not True all different factors contribute to depression I no trust sure it says as cut and dry as you claim it to be at all

But then I guess it's an opinion so to be clear you want rob be on the wingding about you life category yes? So what you on the site at all for chris ? If you beleive what your saying I mean why have you posted your story did you have a moment of weakness of something you know denial often rears its head rob people that are strong willed

• Posted

Of course they do chris it's what makes texts books so fascinating lol

These professionals you speak of they have experienced all this right I once played a game call of duty right I must know more than you about war the army right read lots of books on the holocaust pretty much clued up on it none of the Jews best tell me what is like lol hahahaha I'm a professional my knowledge from the books give me the edge on their experiences any day of the week right lol

• Posted

Ignorance has many forms isn't what I'm saying

• Posted

Are you actually saying the those doctors in the phsycological profession, who are respected enough to be published in professional journals, got it wrong when it comes to depression because they may not have experienced every form first hand? That's like saying a cancer doctor is no good unless he has had cancer. Or a male gynecologist is useless. At this point it is quite clear that you refuse to be wrong no matter what facts are staring you in the face.

• Posted

HI Chris she let jump on to your post as this is clearly upsetting to don don I shall answer that there
    • Posted

Can being unhappy with your life lead to depression? I am a very young person who is unhappy with life too and honestly I am also done with life because I honestly don't know what to do. I don't know if I am depressed or not but I still posted under depressed because I didn't see a category for upset anywhere. Sorry if you don't really get the point for why I'm replying because I don't really either. I just wanted to reply because your comment mad me feel unsure. Sorry.

• Posted

Hi k-c

I think the point Chris makes is quite clear he answer unless he contridicts himself or the professionals he quotes is should be no

However I think that if the problem is not resolved early enough then yes of course it can bad feeling topped with bad feeling can convince a person deep to the core they are useless etc and there therefore of course if you truly believe that your going to become depressed and be medicated for it

Your best bet would really be to speak to a doctor and see what a professional says about it all before you take any opinion on whom is right or wrong in a debate then make your own judgement based on your individual findings and experiences

Mike

• Posted

What you're experiencing is a depressive episode, not clinical depression

• Posted

I'm not sure how Chris made that assumption he just did that's my point lol he doesn't know you speak to a doctor lol

• Posted

If he gave an accurate description about what he was going through then it is pretty simple to figure out what is wrong. Obviously seek a professional opinion before getting treatment. Unless he didn't give an accurate account of what he's going through but you have already said psychologists who have not experienced depression have no business diagnosing it.

• Posted

Clinical depression is a disorder, not a response to a bad situation. This isn't my opinion, this came from the Mayo Clinic.

Being unhappy with your life can make your mood depressed until things get better but that is not clinical depression. This information is not my opinion.

• Posted

That wud b my advice too. U wouldnt do to a butcher for a silver necklace for yr gf on valentines would u??? Xxx
    • Posted

Correction have no busisnes trying to understand this is people we are dealing with not percentages not stastics your first comment

What makes you think your different to the rest of us!!

We are not numbers paragraphs stats we are people

All individuals all at different levels of being able to express them selves when you say some as flipant as what you have said the consequences can have devasting effects on people it's all very well reading things having an opinion we should be mindful of expressing them

• Posted

If you can't see what I'm saying there Chris then god help you coz no one else will be able too

• Posted

Pork medallions?? on a silver chain lol
    • Posted

You keep assuming this is my opinion but it isn't. I got all of this information from the medical professionals in the field. You keep trying to overlook that. Everything you have stated has been your personal opinion. Everything I have stated has been the conclusions of the medical community.

• Posted

Yes that is dondons main problem but she won't listen to anyone who says otherwise.  If she did she might start to heal.  She is determined to think of herself as the only person in the world who thinks and suffers like this. I guess it must be a comfort blanket or something.

• Posted

I disagree hypocatThe comment was aimed at me as is indicated by the addressee, I think don dons main problem is as with most depression her secondary problem is I think people commenting on her post with nothing constructive to say! Is this site here to airport people and offer advice or did they change it to let's allow some one to be alienated and singled out let's comment on the flaws and make them feel worse I'm confused now as one the comment is aimed at me not don don I don't see how it had anything to do with don don it's even addressed to me what going on on this site??

• Posted

Sorry this was meant  for Chris.  I was backing up what you were saying to him/her.  Sorry again.  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.