Don't want to live

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone I have been suffering with depression for 2 years now,I miss currently taking 150mg of sertraline it did bring me out of deep depression but I feel like I don't want to live I don't enjoy anything I don't laugh anymore,I meant on an antipsychotic drug as well as I had intrusive thoughts I still get them but not as bad I just am so low any advice ? Xx

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katy

Personally sertralene did nothing for me I think with most medication it raises you so far then sort of leaves you hanging in there I find exercise helps as it realeases feel good hormones and tips the chemical scale in my favour

However if exercise isn't your thing maybe something you did before depression gripped you something for you that you only did for you I think sometimes we get so consumed in being what everyone else needs is to be i.e a good parent friend relative partner we forget about who we are and what's important to us there's simply not enough hours in the day

It's really important to take time out to be yourself and do things for yourself maybe speak to your doctor about cbt or other medication I use Prozac now but sometimes they are reluctant to prescribe it and prefer the much more modern sertralene.

There's so many factors even your diet can affect how you feel for example if you eat high fatty foods etc they sit in your stomach longer and are hard to digest with without the proper vitamins you can feel rather fatigued and deflated it's really impossible to say what will definitely help you it's more trail and error look at your diet lots of fruit and natural sugars give your body energy maybe then you'll feel more of a desire to go and do things

Thinking of you

Mike

• Posted

Zoloft is poison anyway you look at it mentally or even physically it raises blood pressure and causes heart arrhythmias stay away from it I don't know how to deal with your problem but maybe if you stop taking those poisons it will make you feel better

• Posted

Katyf, I have been where you are at right now and there is hope, don't do anything to harm yourself there is a light at the end of the tunnel. PM me I'll give you some good advice.

• Posted

Hi katy. Feelin the same. Like hakuna matata said tabs alone prob wont work. I was on prozac 14 yrs till a mth ago it stopped working so now im on sertraline. 4 weeks in not great change but had a relationship split & trouble with ex husband this week so who knows. A special friend cheered my day yday he is like an angel. Pm me if u nd to i feel as u do xxx

• Posted

I too have had this depression for two years, i am on mirtazapine which isnt doing memuch good. They want to raise dosage which makes me feel awful, zapped, etc.  Also,want to five me antipsychotic, says it will help.  He thought about alprazolam then risperidone, now says he rhinks olanzapine is better for me.   Everyone i have asked and everything i have researched says dont do that, its a dangerous route and no guarantee of getting better.  I dont want to feel so low, but i dont want to feel like a zombie, have tried a few different meds, All bad. I want my life back, cant bear this anymore. You sound like me, under psych care but no better.   Do you think its possible to go back to the drawing board and find a solution.  I cannot get any joy from anything, hobbies etc. Going out is hard. Nobody understands.
    • Posted

Aww I really feel for you I feel the exact same I have no enjoyment I need anything and feel like a robot going through the motions,I'm going to ask to come off tge antiphcotic medication just not convinced it's helping I hope you find the right treatment xx

• Posted

P.S. are you taking the antipsychotic given to you?  I have been given one to take to augment the anti dep but i am feeling so bad i am scared it might mKe me worse, along with all the side effects of course.  Can you remember its name?
    • Posted

Hi

Yes I am taking it it's called ariprizole....I was put on it because I had bad phychosis xx

• Posted

No psychosis but i am as depressed and anxious as it can get.  I cant control it. How do drs expect us to go on like this?  Life is so hard. I am thinking of you and sending wishes.  We need to get better.
  • Posted

well you might be bipolar youve ( dont wish to undermine it) only been depressed for two years means you must have been ok before and therefore could be again. you didnt ay how old you are which can be important as to a guide as to the chance of being bipolar or schizophrenic for instacne in each instance tend to happen at a certain age. Your meds are working full stop if your still feeling that you need to change for something else they are many many options.y6 anitpsychotic drugs why? not good to take if they can be avoided, but it depends on what is wrong. I have them for emergencies but dont take them otherwise. I am telling people that i am trying alternative therapy not drugs but  healthy things in large doses, which are claimed to help a lot, you can check this out on your tube by asking for natural treatments for depression. I am not allowed to be specifid as they consider them untested but in the sense that alot of people have taken these things one used for 50 years and prescribed by doctors for various things. I hope you find something more effective than you have.
    • Posted

grr sorry your meds arent working I meant

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.