Done too much

Posted , 12 users are following.

almost 4wks post now and yesterday I got my daughter to take me to the shops as I haven't been out of the house much at all (other than my daily - short - walks).

Walked far  too much at the shops and here I am now, in the middle of the night, sufferingsad.  Not quite sure what to do - iced, exercised at bedtime, iced some more and have had plenty of pain meds but it's really painful, that tight band feels like it's going to snap my leg in two and so uncomfortable!

i have my second physio in the morning so really not looking forward to that!  

Why, oh why, did I do it?!

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It gets so boring and frustrating being stuck at home all day . . so easy to want to get on with life and overdo it!  I know i overdid it the first time I went to the hydrotherapy pool, and the next day I really suffered!  Hopefully, it will settle in a day or so . pity about the phsyiuo precisely today though!  that's not going to be fn. double meds i hope!
  • Posted

Poor you, I guess we have all done it, we start to feel a bit more human and rush things a bit,I guess the only thing to say is hope you feel better soon, and try not to do it again, I am 12 post op and doing ok but from time to time I do the same , I guess we just want to get back to normal,best wishes to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.