Dont think I can cope alone.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My dad passed away last year due to old age (90's). My mum is 75 and has all the ailments of a woman in her age. I understand that the Almighty decides when loved one are taken. MY HUSBAND AND I SPLIT 6 WEEKS AGO and I have bad eyesight. Although I wear a lens inmy right eye I developed Cateract in my left post corneal transplsnt surgery. This has really knocked my confidence and feel that I cant di anything for myself. I wake up every morning in a panic thinking my mum has g9br iut for a walk or to the shop and somat bad will happen to her. I cant cope with cooking unoess someone is there because my sense of smell has heightened and feel it will affect my eyes and I will have to take my lens out for a few hrs which I cant cope with. My glasses I cant function with they feel distorted so my confidence has gone down the pan. Its bordering Agoraphobia as im msking excuses fir everythibg that can go wrong evrn though ivr donr these tasks before and nothing bothered me. What shall I do to change my th9ught process

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

DEAR SHAMEEM74,

I will tell tou what my dad told me, He said son I am going to prepare you for life but 1 thing i will not e able to able with you... He goe's on to say death is something that not only isn't fair but the pain last so long that no matter what any one tells you to make you feel better the onl friend you have is TIME thats right as time passes we begin to understand more that that there life was a lessing I will learn from them They always had something nice to nice to say. As far as your grieving I lost 11 relatives in 2 years my God was I anggry and thought how can I live with out them. You have to move on buddy God knows your pain and your sorrow so take care ok Eric K

• Posted

I will say a prayer for you. I wish you all the stregnth and best of everything. This wouldnt be agoraphobia its based on an ailment, a ailment directly corrolated to moving sbout. Maybe they have a low vision center that can teach you stuff to help out. Im sure your anxious who wouldnt be in your shoes. Funny how some men are so selfish they go when things get bad. So cruel. I have eye issues myself i believe everyday in the healing. Science cant define me. Ive become a firm believer in self healing. Lots of prayer. I do feel you need support and a support goup for low viison. Allow yourself to grieve and be damn sure to love yourself as is. I have optic nerve pallor and such i am awaiting for a miracle of healing. It has stabilized thank God and im grateful for my sight everyday. I dont care if it sounds corny either, people do get healed and the body hasnt read the medical books so im holding on, Anyway ask your eye doctor about support group or low vision training center. There is a ton of gadgets out there. Good luck luv. Tske each dat a moment at a time and know you are a very strong person and you can do this. You can learn new ways and you deserve a happy and healthy life.
    • Posted

Thanks Lisa. I am on the waiting list for a cateract operation so god willing that should be successful. Prior ti this I had cornea graft which was successful so I am hopeful. Need to stop over thinking
  • Posted

lISA IS RIGHT IN A WAY ITS HARD TO FIND A GOOD MAN BUT HOW DO YU DEFINE WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND WHAT IS JUST ACCEPTABLE. i TELL YOU TAKE YOUR TIME MAKE HIM EARN YOUR LOVE SO MANY MEN WILL NOT DO THAT THEY FIGURE WELL YOUR MY GIRL YOU WILL DO AS i SAY. NONO DO NOT IF HE'S PUSHEN YOU LIKE THAT FIND YOU ANOTHER MAN TO LIVE YOUR LIFE OUT WITH THERE ARE PLENTY TAKE CARE ERIC K

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.