Dosage increase...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello lovelies...

Me again looking for some reassurance again.

So I went to see my GP today...she was so lovely and I cried because of it 😂😂 anyway we discussed how I have been and although my anxiety has been spiking this week due to hubby being away...she though I was generally doing very well.

I have been on 10mg for 13 weeks now...but she wants me to go to 20mg...however I am worried about the increase and side effects and I am on my own with my darling boys who are too young to manage without my input.

I am wondering about 12.5 for a few days the 15 then eventually 20...GP agreed...anyone else done this and felt fine?

She also told me that she had been on medication for years for anxiety...that made me feel so much better.

Thanks x x x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lovely, I am so glad you saw your doctor and that she relates to what you feel. I was on 10mg for 6 months before increasing to 20mg 10 weeks ago. I can't say it was too horrific, and some days were better than others. I didn't go up gradually because I just wanted to get well on the theraputic dose for me as soon as possible. I inderstand that you won't want to do this while your husband is away, so go for the small increases along the way and you will possibly have no side effects if you do it slowly. 
  • Posted

Ps. did your doctor give you anything for anxiety while you go through the increase and your husband is away? It may be helpful in relieving some of the anxiety and being able to take care of your little boys. I would say you will be just fine. Dive in and get going. Lots of good vibes from me to you. Lee x
    • Posted

Hello lovely Lee...

Thank you for your reply x

Not she didn't give me anything and I wouldn't have taken anything else anyway...I'm paranoid about taking headache tablets 😂😂

Thank you for your kind words...haas your hubby gone now? X

• Posted

Yes, they left early thismorning. Feeling ok about it, and am going to try and enjoy not having noisy and crazy chaose for three days. It is my short week at work, so am planning a few guilt free afternoon naps too, although I still have my younger son with me. He will keep me busy enough with his swimming schedule and public speaking until 9pm tonight. Have you started your dose increase? Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it is an easy transition. Keep us posted, I really think you are doing a great thing. Lee x
    • Posted

Hi hon...

Sounds like your son is a VIP 😊😊

I am in Australia so it's only 7.44pm...I don't usually take meds til 8.30. I have decided to up to 15mg for a week and then 20 depending on how the 15 goes.

I'll let you know how I am in the morning...I have a day off tomorrow to will have a lazy day if need be 😊😊

• Posted

Chickened it...12.5 my down the hatch...will up it to 15 after 4 days 😊
    • Posted

Good for you! I hope it's a good night. Well done on the small step, they all addup in the end x Lee.
    • Posted

Hi Lee...

So I have have had a pretty crappy night...heightened anxiety and the "fear"...hmm.

I am feeling pretty sick this morning too...surely I can't be that sensitive to the medication ???

Not sure if I am or its all in my head...Anyway. ..I have decided to stick with the 10mg until my hubby gets home then I'll try again...I just cannot afford to be feeling this rough while he is away 😕

• Posted

Good idea Yommy. Don't push yourself when you don't feel up to it. Plenty of people do just fine on 10mg, and it won't work any faster to just keep increasing your dose. I hope things settle down and that you get a chance to rest. Chat later. Lee.
  • Posted

It's so nice to have a good doctor and one that is also on meds as like you say doesn't make us feel as bad! I'm on 20mg and have been since I started nearly 5 months ago! Your doing really well and it's not easy looking after two children whilst your hubby is away! Good luck and keep going xxx
    • Posted

Hi there Foxy polly, would love to know how you are doing on the 20 mg 5 months later. Lee. 
    • Posted

Hi lee

I'm doing so much better! It was really rough to begin with and the mornings are still a bit iffy at times with some anxiety especially around time of the month! I was on escitalopram for 10 years I'm 10mg then 5mg then back to 10mg then 20mg for the last year but I had a major breakdown last summer so do profs decided to take me off them! I tried sertraline and venlaflaxne but they were awful so I went on cit, I'm about to start a 7 week therapy course called thrive it's about changing your inner self control and thoughts. Xx

• Posted

How encouraging to hear you are feeling so much better. The course sounds wonderful, so I hope you take notes to share with us. Still feeling average at 10 weeks on 20mg, but happy to wait a year rather than going through med changes and more side effects. Better for sure but not quite there. Take care and enjoy the course. Lee.
  • Posted

Hey Yommy Mommy I can only speak from my own experience I went from 10-20mg and had anxiety for three days but not as full on and less fear but had no appetite however this lasted only a few days until the dosage normalised I'm guessing if you already have the chems in your system that an increase may or may not be as noticable ? I wish you well smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.