Dosage increase?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been on 10mg for the past 5 weeks and my GP has now increased to 20mg because I am still anxious and cannot sleep very well. Gp said that I should not feel any side effects as the 10mg dose is now well into my system, but today I feel grim, shaky, shoulders and headache, tired I assume this IS because of the increased dose.

Anyone else had this experience when increasing from 10 to 20mg.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes you will feel side effects with every increase - everyone does.  It may not be as difficult as the initial first dose you took, but you'll definitely feel a bit yuk for a while.  The meds (and increases) do heighten anxiety for a while, but it does settle, and it does affect sleep for a while.

These meds are good - everyone reacts differently to them though.  I recovered on 20mg.

K x

• Posted

Yes you will feel them still. I went from 20mg to 30mg and just felt rough for a couple of days. Have gone from 30 to 40 for 2 days now and doing ok
  • Posted

Hello Dolgoch, hope you are feeling better. I have been on 10 mgs for twelve weeks and increased to 20 mgs a few days ago. I have been experiencing some uncomfortable side effects, i.e. lethargy, anxiety and a somewhat down mood. I expect side effects for a little while but have high hopes for the result I am hoping for. Just to be happy, functional and supportive to my family. I accept that there is a rough patch to go through but will prevail. I am going up to 30 mgs next mid week and hope to stay there until I achieve my goal. Always remember that we are in this together and the odds are in our favour. I have been told by Medical Professionals and Psychologists that the success rate is very high on this medication. Good Luck 😉 

• Posted

Thank you all for your encouragement, will keep going forward.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up