Dosage increased

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all haven't posted in a while as I was doing much better, however after a recent blip I have been increased to 40mg a day. This is making me feel extremely restless, as if I cannot sit still for more than 5 minutes. Along with this I'm getting headaches, blurred vision and nausea. I have spoken to my GP who dismissed this, as it is really affecting my day to day life I wondered if anyone has suffered these symptoms and how they coped with them. Any advice would be appreciated!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been on the meds completely?  And how long have you now been on 40mg?

Some people do find 40mg too high, but also you do need to give each dose increase time to settle.

K x

• Posted

i have been on the meds for 4 months, and only for just over a week. Thanks for the help, i am feeling slightly better today x
    • Posted

As you recover on these meds you will get these blips crop up occasionally - its completely normal.  You'll still get them at 4 months and beyond but hey do eventually ease off over time.  It doesn't matter what dose you're on either - you'll still get the blips.  Increasing doseage doesn't stop the blips - you have to let just let them come and go.  A larger dose also doesn't mean you'll get better any quicker than a lower dose.  Each dose suit different people and some do struggle on 40mg and find lowering often corrects this.

Glad you're feeling slightly better and hope it goes well.

K x

• Posted

Hi there.

I agree with Katecogs in that you have to give it time to settle. I increased a couple of months ago from 20 to 30 and went through about 3 weeks of increased anxiety, restlessness, loss of appetite, feeling sick, you name it! It's settled down now but it does take it's time, I felt like I had gone back to the beginning!! X

• Posted

I have just been upped from 20 to 30 and literally slept all weekend. Does it get easier?
    • Posted

that is exactly how i feel, thank you for the advice x
    • Posted

Hi Becky. Yes it does! I really envy those people who get better almost overnight!!!  How long have you been on cit altogether. I'm at 5 months now and am having a little blip this weekend, due I guess to our lovely monthlies!! It's a very mild blip, just the odd wave of anxiety, so I'm not overly bothered by it right now!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.