Dosing for hrt

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im a little confused now about dosing only because ive read a few posts where th Rx for their hrt was quite high , i mean really high.

2mg and 5 mg daily?, 

I know that my Rx is for 0.5mg/Gm and that is a reasonable dose. You start off on 0.25 and increase from there.

Just curious because if in fact people are taking 5mg daily then their pcp has to be monitoring this quite closely.

All of the recipes i see ladies on in the clinic im at are never quite that high.

This new hrt i may try is Divigel..a gel you put on your thighs.

No progesterone (hell no!) but estradiol only. the obgyn herself uses it so i thought id give it a try..im still not thinking it will help for this horrible out of touch depression im having forever.

anyones thoughts? id love to hear experiences, dosing, etc.

x0x0x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just wanted to add- ive tried bio identicals for months on end with no relief..so this is just another last ditch effort....

• Posted

I am on 2mg of estradiol daily and it is considered a medium dose. If you have no symptoms, your dose is correct! 
  • Posted

I have prescribed 1mg estradiol and .5mg norethindrone. 2 years ago I cut my dose back to one every other day.  So I suppose it is equivalent to .5mg estradiol and .25 norethindrone. 
  • Posted

I was wondering the same thing ? I was on the cream  estrogen 1mg then the combo patch and now estrogen patch 5mg ( I change 2x a week) but wondering if this is too high maybe I should cut the patch in half ? So confused about all this .., 

Is the 2mg and 5mg daily a cream or are you talking about the patch ? 

• Posted

Hi ladies

thanks for the response

Ive never seen 2mg daily, let alone 5mg daily of estrogen. On any of the patients..

Perhaps that is why i dont have relief from it. Im going to ask my practitioner who i work with about this more closely. The main doc that did the bio identicals has left for a year.

I have a Rx for a gel..called divigel that you simply rub into your skin. Its a 0.5 mg.

5 mg would be 10 x the strength?

i will be reading up on it. 

x0x0x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.