Dosulepin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iv been on dosulepin for a long time and I'm now suffering from depression and severe anxiety along with thoughts that frighten me . I went to my gp who just said double the dose of dosulepin. I'm on 75 mg so that would mean 150 mg which I don't really want to take . Has anyone got any suggestions of what I can do to help myself or is there any help out there for me . I'm desperate . Thankyou 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've been on 150mg of Dosulepin for years plus full belt Propanadol. With the help of the "Wellbeing Service" I can feel as though there are a few lights at the end of that black tunnel. There are a growing number of self help groups on Facebook. If I am at my computer, you can talk to me, if that's any help.  Steve

• Posted

Can I ask what the wellbeing service is please ? How much propranalol do you take ? 
  • Posted

Wellbeing are a part of NHS. They are staffed by people who have been through what we are going through. Not some book educated smiley people but REAL people. Pone number is 08088020288, give them a ring. Can't hurt. Propanadol. I can't remember the dose but full belt on a slow release

• Posted

Thankyou . I'm going through hell at the moment and don't know what to do 

• Posted

Have you had a diagnosis from your doctor?
    • Posted

Yes iv been suffering for a long time but my gp is not very sympathetic. I saw him last week and he just told me to double my pills ! 
    • Posted

Try "wellbeing". I had peer to peer suport. So I had one guy who had recovered from his demons and could understand what I was saying. After a few false starts I managed to go to small group meetings and (Because my Peer to peer was looking out for me) I attended a "Social Gathering" of four people. There was so much going on in the cafe I nearly 'lost it'. Went out for a smoke then went back in.

• Posted

Apparently I take 80 mgs of Propanadol. This is to stop me tearing heads off. Do get on to the Wellbeing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.