Dosulepin and cardiovascular disease

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on 150mgs for years. About six months ago, during my (mild) exercises my thighs felt like they had caught fire. I assumed I had just overdone it. Today I can just climb the stairs and walk about 100 yards before pain is too much. I've heard rumours about the medication and the disease. Anyone any the wiser? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been on 75mg for years, but had nothing like that. I would be interested to know if it is connected to dosulepin. Are you taking any statins at all? They give me bad cramps.
    • Posted

I understand the two can be connected. I was taking Propranolol to stop me ripping peoples heads off but my quack made me stop them. I am not taking statins
  • Posted

FYI. I had three heart attacks on Feb 1st. Dosulepin is ' Cardio-toxic'. Hospital (Papworth) stopped it instantly. Withdrawal is horrendous. Taken me till now to feel a little normal. Wean your selves off it but talk to your doctor first

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.