Double periods

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 52, 4 years in peri, my periods were very regular so far. Now, i got another period 4 days after the end of a previous one. do you think this might be a begining of an end?  it also gave me intense anxiety.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I only wish it was the beginning to an end. I am going through the same thing. Have been bleeding since Nov 24th, it goes from spotting, to light bleeding to clotting and regular period bleeding to back to spotting but never stops. I skipped a month and had only 3 day periods for the prior months to skipping and then in Nov this started. I am going to start taking amberen and see if that helps until my insurance kicks in.

• Posted

hi when I started my periods were every 4 weeks. then I went 2 months without one then had a very heavy period then went 5 months with no period and then awful heavy bleeding for over 2 weeks and I was flooding it drained me then went a couple of months with no period then flooding againsad
  • Posted

My current period has lasted over 2 weeks now..  I'm hoping that this means I'm closer to the end.  

• Posted

Hi Kelly, don't wish they stop because when they do the fun begins..my symptoms come back on me at 12 months I thought I was getting better until then Anxiety was through the roof but I was told it will get better,I guess peri is just as bad but at least with periods you have Estrogen still..but different strokes for different folks you might come out sailing.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing..  Just thought once they stop then I'm done.  smile   But everyone is different as you said.  It's just so hard planning for things.. And at times more work keeping up with it..  Guess everyone goes thru this.

• Posted

Anetta, it seems like anything goes regarding your period during this time. My sister said when she started seeing the brown stringy spotting that was the end for her. I've had that, and a few skipped cycles, sometimes spotting starting at ovulation and continuing to a period, light periods, heavy periods. Anything you can name, I had it. So it's probably starting for you too. Be prepared for anything.

• Posted

Hi anetta periods get erratic and goes from being normal to coming close together and further apart until they you start missing them for months leading up to menopause it's all normal 

• Posted

Maria so is it normal to have prolonged periods that can last 2 months?
    • Posted

Hi depends on when you say prolong periods that can last 2 months if your bleeding a whole month I would suggest you get meds to slow down the bleeding but I think they can do what ever they like  I had periods that return twice in a month just after one finish,mine was clotting and extremely heavy couldn't wait for them to stop..keep eyes on them but you be ok.

• Posted

Thank you guys for your replays. I do not worry about the periods, I worry because it coincided with severe insomnia and anxiety. Do you think the insomnia can end? It makes me suicidal

• Posted

Hi anetta94863

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.