Double TKR 16 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,again I am posting a question about a double TKR 16 weeks ago:

as movement cit is fantastic! Close to 140. Also no cane or walker,if covered no one could say I had it done 16 weeks ago on both knees,but it is painful on the external lateral side on both knees,and the tightness is very hard!! Doing dayly exercise,bicycle,ice,movement, but it looks like the more I move the more it hurts... any input on this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mariana,I’m 13 weeks into recovery and a bit like you it’s been a text book recovery to date, but now and again I over do it,I get too confident and my knee sharp let’s me know and what I tend to do is take a day off and rest and relax as much as possible and it works for me,so maybe your getting over confident like I do,so why not give it a go and have a chill day now and again,hope this helps.
  • Posted

Chico Marx will probably jump in with s much more technical answer but, as we progress through the process ee start reclaiming g our lives. In d going that we are no longer walking try In to avoid pain. W e straighten and strain putting new and different pressures on the entire structure. Some do it sooner than others. Unfortunately Drs don't do much to educate up pre surgery and it's mostly live and learn. My guess is you sped up your entire way of life and possibly will have to tone it down some and let those overstretched soft tissue areas again. I've had 11 surgeries on the same leg/knee and 5 rehabs. No 2 the same. You have to go back to icing and may be an anti inflammatory. Hope you get through this phase soon. Slow and steady is still the n vest way even when we think we are beyond it.

• Posted

I can’t even imagine doing both at the same time, even though the left knee does need it. I will never do this again. I am 16 weeks post op and still can’t sleep, have that tight band feeling all the time I’m sorry to be such a whiner but I still am on opiads which make me a little crazy. I do drive and walk unassisted so it’s not ALL bad. I think what makes me the angriest is not being told just how painful this op is and how long the recovery is. I don’t think I would have changed my mind about doing the tkr but as least I would have been prepared. I hope you continue to get better, I am sure you will

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.