down and depressed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I find my self worrying about everyone in my family and my self thinking about our health and it's making me feel so down and depressed . I don't leave my home or to go anywhere by my self, I don't have no energy .. All I need is someone to assure me that I'm not alone because no one in my family understand the way I'm feeling ..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your definitely not alone, I'm guessing no one in your family has experienced excessive worrying hence why they don't understand. Folk who haven't been through depression or anxiety cannot relate to the distress thats why folk say can you not snap out if it..... My reply usually "Erm no, do you think I enjoy being like this".

Talk to a heakth professional who will help you through it, you can and will get better.

• Posted

Thank you . I am seeking help from a therapist, but I'm having trouble taking public transportation and that's keeping from going there.
  • Posted

ou need to put yourself first for a bit and sort out this depressed state that you are in. 

Richard

• Posted

No you are definitely not alone.  I think people who have not experienced depression and anxiety do not understand how it takes everything away from us.  People do find it difficult, but I am here to reassure you.  I have had depression and anxiety for years.  Have you been diagnosed with depression?
    • Posted

Thank you.. I've been going through this for 5 Months now and it's too much I can't go about my daily life as used to ..
  • Posted

Are you on any medication at all Reshma? Talking and therapy is very very useful in it's own right but if your struggling to get there due to your anxiety its only a part of what should be a treatment package. 
    • Posted

I have the medication Paxil, but I'm not using it I'm trying to do it without medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.