Down but not out

Posted , 2 users are following.

feeling very low and down after the events of last week. I am sleeping better but it is a very deep sleep induced by the mirtazapine. No funny turns or calling out at least not to my knowledge! My weight has been stable and I've actually lost another pound so that is six and a half in total. Whether I will be able to contiue with the plan I dont know. Had bloods taken on Monday and it looks as if my lithium will be raised although I'm not sure what the maximum level is in the blood before it becomes 'toxic'? I'm not expecting replies just posting as my overall experience.I'm still working or rather my boss is still putting up with me. As I only work part time it isn't too bad. It does require you to be on the ball I cant reallly afford to make mistakes. Hopefully I can make an upward turn again. If I felt less medicated maybe this would happen. Pooh.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How much weight did you gain on this pill???

I am out now, But not down :lol: Sorry to hear you are still not yourself. Hope you get better soon.

• Posted

not sure about a stone and a half. Had a hyster last February 2007 so that hasn't helped either. Most people taking mirtazapine put on some weight.
  • Posted

[b:e487126371] :roll: :cry: This is on strange drug. Went to bed erm (Shhhh) 2 hrs ago and some . just getting back up, but feeling sore and distressed as I had so many nightmares, and Ive had the same nightmares before, over and over, so I feel drained and I am still feeeling really tired. :oops: :x [/b:e487126371]
  • Posted

:roll:

Couldn't agree more about the dreaming! I've been on 45mg Mirtazapine for about 6 weeks now and the unpleasant dreams continue. They often occur in unhappy times of the past, usually situations that you can't get out of, and then they tale off, unresolved ........

But the good news is, although 45mg is a high dose for Mirtazapine, I am sleeping well. This is helping to reduce my migraine attacks, so putting up with the dreams is alright by me.

I take the dosage about 5 minutes prior to going to bed, after about 20 minutes I am sound asleep.

In the last couple of weeks I've started to feel 'depersonalised', bit 'off the planet', as though present but not completely. Is anyone else getting this feeling, or similar, with Mirtazapine?

Wishing you all a good weekend,

Stephen

• Posted

:shock: Came back from Gp, feeling gutted and a bit Oh er gosh .....humm, he has a point , ans thinking.....I really dont know if ican do this......feeel so alone, no one seems to understand........Could not stop crying, I dont wwant a drug thats going to make me gain weight, but I do want some sleep, (without alcohol) So I can either be a nakered crabby bitch or a jakey, or a fat heffer.........oh well, my guess is the last one, but not sure if it will last.

Mum turned up outside front door, My face looked like a squadhed tomatoand there I was :oops: Told her EVERYTHING.. Shes gon eshopping in :shock: But stil gave me a huge ccuddle, had no idea how bad I was feeling.

Anyway, must sign off for the summer....need to focus on my children...I was a stupid idiot last night. Thinking I might just go without all of these drugs, Be strong and determined....my children need me more than ever,

HAVE A LOVELY SUMMER, TO EVERYONE ON PUK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.