Down Day

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi folks,

well, I guess it is my turn for a down day.

Nothing really wrong just feel completely washed out and worthless. I am sleeping well but I am extremely tired.

OK, it could just be back to work blues but either way it is not nice.

:?

I just feel overdue for something nice to happen.

Sorry to whinge on. I just need to talk to someone and there is no one here who understands.

LellyM xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to witter on but I am sitting here terrified. My logical self tells me this is a perfectly normal low day. We all have them so get on with it.

The other side is convinced I am spiraling back down into the dark place and I don't want to go there. Still, positive side - at least the flu is stopping me from crying (just about anyway).

I have got to like the enforced numbness that flu bought in the early weeks. I am now wondering if I have plateaued. I am due back at the docs soon so I can see a chat is in order.

\"Come on woman, pull yourself together. Stop feeling sorry for yourself\".

• Posted

hiya Lelly :cheerup:

why not have a nap if your feeling worn out Lelly :wink: after having a few days feeling good and sleeping normally (no day time naps) im on my sixth day of chronic fatigue again grrrrrrrrrr :? im sleeping at LEAST 12 hours a day and more !!!!! :shock: sometimes 2 X 2 hour day time sleeps, when i'm like this the urge to sleep is overwhelming, all we can do is wait for it to pass Lelly (which it will :wink: ) and take it a day at a time, tomorrows another day :ok: :mrgreen:

take care Lelly, i'm about to climb on the couch as soon as ive posted this, sweet dreams Lelly :wink: :rainbow:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

Hi Ken,

I am very envious. As I am stuck at work having a nap is not an option (although it would be very nice).

I also got loads of sleep over the weekend but woke up at the crack of dawn this AM.

:twisted:

I know, logically, that I am bound to have good and bad days. It is just that when the black monster wakes up the first thing he eats is my logical side.

Have a nice kip and sweet dreams!

Lelly xx

• Posted

Hi Lelly

I was really cursing that i do not have external e-mail at work as i wanted to send you an encouraging post when i read it at lunchtime.

I really hope your day has improved. I was saying to my counsellor tonight that these down days are like turbulence on a plane - you never see them coming.

It's so unfair what the mind puts us through.

I've just come out of a down week last Friday - i'm sure yours won't last that long.

If you want to offload i'm here.

Best wishes. x :wink:

• Posted

Hi there Lelly

I hope todays a better day for you. Your post sounded just like me. I feel as if I'm carry a heavy load and all I want to do is sit or sleep. Take it easy and just rest if you have to. We can't control how we feel and it's important for us to let it out. I'm still waiting for a good day to come along and am trying so so hard to be patient.

All be best :D

• Posted

Hi folks,

Thanks for the positive vibes. I am feeling much better. Gave myself a good kck up the jaxie last nite and that did the trick.

Lelly

• Posted

lol, nice one Lelly :ok:

well ive just got up after ANOTHER two hour kip :? if there was a sleeping event in the olympics i'd win all the gold medals, no sweat !!!!! :shock: :wink:

well i'm gonna jump on a bus and get me some snacks in, ive run out :? at the mo i just don't have the energy to cook, if i do i can't be bothered to eat it lol :roll:

be carefull not to do too much at work Lelly, it's not a good idea at the best of times :shock: never mind about when were ill !! :whistle: :wink:

take care folks, byeeeeeee for nooooooooooooo,

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :mrgreen:

• Posted

Hi Ken,

you really know how to endear yourslef don't ya? Another kip? Bet it was really nice and comfy and refreshing (Grrr!)

Feeling so much better today I am like a different person. Just been for a walk in the sunshine and that has helped also.

OK, no grass & trees but do large blue pieces of mining equipment count?

Trying to avoid the snacks as I am also fighting my way out of obesity.

• Posted

hiya Lelly,

eureka, ive got it Lelly :shock: trying to lose a bit of weight ?? :roll: errrrrrrrrrrrrm, \"large blue pieces of mining equipment\" get in there and give the guys a hand tunneling with a shovel for a couple of hours a day, easy peasy :wink: :mrgreen:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :whistle: :cheers:

• Posted

Hey, I am not a mole ya know! The kit we make is to crush stuff not dig holes (that was previous employer). They're tough enough to crush engine blocks so think what a mess they'd make if you were to fall in......

Thanks for the laugh again. It is the best medicine.

Lelly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.