Down days

Posted , 5 users are following.

At the end of the last year i suffered from a severe anxiety attack brought on by a new relationship.. I had everything in control, my job, money, health. The three months detroyed me and i found myself doing things i wouldnt do, i stopped taking care of myself and looked terrible.. personal hygiene went out the window. Any i diagnosed with anxiety and depression. Im slightly better but still feel lost, the relaitionship broke down and he is now back with his ex. It really hurts i just feel like thats the only impression he will have of me. All ym friends and fasmily say things will be ok and to move forward but some days i really struggle i feel embrassed and pathetic,  and fustrated that i kinda have to start again. It made me look back on my life and feel im a bit of a loser. I just want to know what everyone elses experience is in recovery im struggling to find the strength to be the person i was i get blips of the old me and then its like a flash of the way i was over the last couple of months which rip me apart... i really feel i dont have the strength to make a go of my life its just such a fustrating disorder to have and it upsets me terribly 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have suffered with health anxiety for around 3 yrs now i fought it and thought I had won but the past 3 weeks have been terrible. I really feel for u. I have work in 4 hrs and atm i feel like i cannot breath that i am about to have a heart attack. This has destroyed my life and me as a person 😯😯😯
  • Posted

I know what your going through inbox me if you ever need a chat smile
  • Posted

Look at your second sentence. " I had everything in control, my job, money, health."  Those aren't the words of a loser, you obviously weren't one and you aren't now.  You are just having a rough time at the moment.  I suspect the relationship and you  broke down because he wanted to go back to his ex; it has left you with low self esteem which makes it harder to climb out of that black hole you've found yourself in.  Have you read Women who Love too much?  Try getting it from the library and see if any of it makes sense.  Try to find ways of occupying your time, do a bit of exercise and take each day one day at a time xx
    • Posted

Thanks very much very inspiring.. Its just hard you know? My heads tell oh your just behaving silly over nothing, but at the same time im still so shocked at how i feel and how down my self esteem is .. but i guess ive got to chug on! x
    • Posted

I do know how hard it is.  25 years ago I left a violent relationship 7 weeks into a pregnancy and with a traumatised 4 year old.  My stepdad died shortly afterwards and I had to give up my job where I had just got promotion because I couldn't afford childcare for 2 children.  Everytime my ex saw my car, he would smash things on it or if he saw me he would threaten me.  I couldn't believe I'd allowed myself to get into that position as an intelligent, professional person and I lost all ablility to make decisions as I was so full of self doubt.  Now, looking back, I cannot believe I was that person.  I had to take one day at a time, explore the reasons that I let someone rob me of my self-esteem,  force myself to go out and trust people again.  I've been with my current husband 22 years now, we've had another child and people who didn't know me back then are so surprised at my history.  Honestly, it really does get better and there is a lot of truth in the adage, what doesn't break you makes you stronger. Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.