down to 20mg feel awful !

Posted , 3 users are following.

today was my first day of dropping back to 20mg of citalopram , still taking ng mirt at night , I'm feeling worse than ever , super tingly super anxious and shakey , nervous is an under statement ! I'm so desperate ! Is this normal ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you are really suffering, hope things improve soon. Please don't suffer in silence though. Could yh visit yur gp tomorrow?
    • Posted

I'm staying with my my mum who insists I was at my best on 20mg , it's my first day back at 20mg from 30mg , still taking mirtazipine at night 15mg so hoping I can get through the next few days and the creepy skin , foggy head , intrusive thoughts , nervousness and massive anxiety ........... Really hope this works ......or God help me x
    • Posted

It is going to work, believe it is. Also have you tried guided meditation? You can find it on you tube, I find it really useful and helps me6 to clear my head, also deep breathing helps me when I am feeling anxious, x
    • Posted

That is like how i am feeling at the moment, i have increased from 10 to 15 to 20mg of escitlaopram and have the exact same sensations
  • Posted

I'd say it is normal, that is how i feel when med dose changes, its horrible, but should pass

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.