Doxazosin

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive got high bloodpressure and ive been on LOSARTON 100 for many years with no problems , few months ago i was also given doxazosin to take aswell as losaron ,,, but sinze then ve had no energy, been more breathless , generally feeling weak , has

anyone else bern prescribed doxazosin and if so,,, how were you on it ,

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you look up the negative effects of doxazosin they are breathlessness and tiredness, the blurb states that it should settle in a few weeks or month or two, if not tell the doctor. Also it warns that taken along with your former blood pressure medication your pressure can fall too low so be aware of this please.

Having low blood pressure I have never been on any pressure meds but it is in my nature to research everything prescribed and decide for myself, rightly or wrongly whether I take it or not, I am in a country where there is a huge tendency to over prescribe.

Hope you can sort this out and feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.