Dp/dr for 4 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey. I just wanted to ask. Does medication helps with dp/dp? Because I think I am going crazy. I just think about everything "why am I here?", "what's the purpose of life?", mainly the existencial thoughts. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think that I am going crazy. I have it 24/7. I don't even remember my normal life. What to do to be normal. World seems strange to me. I am afraid that i won't be able to recover.

• Posted

I have it too and it sucks. I would do anything for it wo go away. I have not tried medication but I find distraction helps. Just do what you love and don't allow it to ruin your life. How old are you may I ask?

• Posted

I've had these kinds of thoughts for roughly around 8 years already. These thoughts came to me from having spent to much time thinking and distancing myself from religion and reading books on philosophy. I think that once you have been disillusioned it's hard to get back on there.

You just have to keep going. Just renounce those thoughts and make your own purpose in life.

• Posted

I've had dp for about over ten years I've tried a lot of different medication self help books and herbal stuff nothing gets rid off it! Don't let it ruin your life you have to get rid of the anxiety before you get rid off the dp! I'm still trying hopefully one day I will get there because I'm not giving up!

• Posted

I had it to mine came on from anxiety and panic attacks. My mind was trying to escape from the feelings of panic attacks but only made it worse because things around me didn't look real I even questioned if I was real thought I was dying really. I started taking Venlafaxine about 3 weeks ago and now that is gone. I have come back down to reality and feel like my normal self again. While the medication was kicking in I just kept telling myself everything looks the same as it did before my panic attacks. Also I accepted that I have anxiety and nothing else is wrong with me. (I have health anxiety and I'm a hypochondriac) my mind is clear now and I love my medicine!! It gave me my life back! I had tried Xanax, Paxil,Wellbutrin and Buspar none of them worked like Venlafaxine does. So yes medicine can help you get back to your normal self and a lot of them take 3 to 6 weeks to go to into their full effect. So you have to be patient with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.