DP / DR - Worse as the day goes on?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys,

11 months in to this rubbish now sad Derealization sufferers... 

I wake up feeling drunk and spaced out, and pressure over my brain....

Now it eases up (hardly by any but it does a tiny bit), then slowly gets worse again.. at around 4/5pm it gets to the point where its hard to drive and walk properly and talk. Its debilitating, feel like ive had 4 pints...

Does anyone else get this? It dosent matter how much sleep I have... it stays the same and always gets worse as the evening starts to approach... by 10pm if im not asleep, i start to panick I feel that poorly with it & so spaced out.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How exactly does DR and DP make u feel. Im wondering bc i suffer from bad anxiety and sometimes I feel super weird and im wondering if thats what im experiencing. Could you please explain to me exactly how it makes u feel????
    • Posted

Hi Abigail,

Of course....

You know if you go out drinking or even have some alcohol at home and it "Hits you" like you can act fine and look normal to people but you're own awareness of everything is impaired? Just like that mine is... Like I'm constantly drunk and spaced out.... But it's worse when I'm tired... Which is always!

Also another example is like if I am buttering a piece of bread, it's like I'm watching a tutorial video and watching someone else's hands do it, like I'm a spectator of my own actions.

I feel extremley dream like and if you close you're eyes and imagine sitting on a beach, then that "Imagining" feeling is like actual life for me it's like I'm imagining everything.

But like I said as the day goes on and I get tireder the worse it gets.

• Posted

as we are not allowed to post links on here I have sent you both a message 
    • Posted

I get these symptoms as well, could you please send me the link , thank you 
    • Posted

Thank you so much very helpful site , puts it into perspective 
    • Posted

Rosemarie, do you get the spaced out drunk feelings ?

I'm 10 months with it now !

• Posted

Yes I do absolutely hate it , mine has been going on for 9 months now . As last December I was rushed to hospital because I couldn't breathe & they found out my aortic valve needed replacing so 11 days days later I had open heart surgery , Xmas day I was in ICU . My operation has been successful but my anxiety is really bad , it's quite common after OHS apparently 😞

I am going to Switzerland on Thursday & am freaking out about it !! Going to see my son so got to go & I know deep down I will be ok . 

• Posted

I've had it 24:7 aswell Rosemary, message me if you'd like. It helps talking to somebody who knows exactly how you feel... Minus the heart surgery that must of been terrible !

I fell into Atrial Fibrilation last January after drinking 4 pints of beer and some champagne ! I had to go to A&E and have my heart restarted with the paddles ... That was scary enough and that's what I think started my health anxiety... Do you always feel like you are waiting to be diagnosed with something ?

I always feel like the doctors are ignoring me about this debilitating brain fog drunk spaced out feeling .... I know how you feel sad

Mine is also worse when in a car, can you relate ?

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Alex

• Posted

That was scary for you as it was for me . Still getting my head around it . As I didn't know anything was wrong with me

Yes I feel spaced out when I am in car. I hardly drive anymore

It's comforting to know we are not the only one suffering from anxiety. Just keep smiling 😀

• Posted

I feel the same and it's strange it gets worse at the same time between 4 and 5. Do you ever feel like people are looking at you all the time? I get very self conscious and paranoid. Do you get bad physical symptoms too like all over tension, sore neck and numbness/tingling?

• Posted

Hi Alan,

Yes I always feel like that. Because I feel drunk but to other people look fine and very healthy I always think "Do people think I look weird" "Do people think I look drunk" etc.

I also have very bad tension in my lower neck.

I also have chest and back pain which burns if I press on it, if I don't press it's just a dull ache.

• Posted

Wow, same here. Are you on any meds? Im on 50mg Sertraline but still feel anxious etc but not as much. It seems I have to constantly meditate or try to concentrate on my breathing whatever I'm doing to keep my mind occupied from the feelings. I get ringing in the ears too

• Posted

Hi Alan,

As its getting later my DR is getting much stronger I now feel actually drunk ! sad

Can you relate ?

• Posted

I do and all I feel I can do is watch tv or sleep and yet my mind still runs at a hundred milles an hour.
    • Posted

Hi Marco,

I know how awful it is, im suffering again really bad today and not sure whats amplified this past week ? Not been stressed or anxious about anything! sad 

The drunk feeling basically I feel out of it, like when you have flu and have to just lie down as you feel so "spaced out", its so hard to live with, thats why im trying to get in contact with as many people as i can suffering with it. 

Do you feel like youre brain is not working propley, like its only half turned on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.