Dr again!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I really don't think my docs taking me seriously and I really keep thinking must be something really wrong with me !?? My heads been bad today frontal and back if head ears buzzing I was shopping an felt that horrid nervous feeling in my stomach tried to brush it off I've eaten more today which is good but kept feeling like I wasn't in the room and and hot and faint I hope I've not got anything bad bad but docs are just like put olive oil in ears for 2 weeks bla bla take paracetamol really! I'm getting so frustrated I need some tests to look into this but they dnt listen !!! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No idea what happened to my other post sorry.

How long have you had these symptoms?

Your doc should really be acting more professionally not suggesting useless remedies.

Would you like me to suggest a few things you can supplement with safely to see if it oleviates anything for you?

• Posted

That would be fab I have no idea if it is anxiety or not I'm normally quite a confident person it started with thinking I had a lump in breast had x ray all ok but doc never explained why I could an can feel what I feel so saw a diff doc who explained it an tht was fine but I stopped watchin all the soaps as eastenders with the cancer story line etc then heard someone I knew had cancer in neck I then got globus hysterious the feelin something was stuck in throat thts gone now but been left with started at work thought was gonna pass out so went outside for air I have terrible headaches neck ache tingly hands I get the feeling in my belly like tht nervous sinking feeling when I get tht I could literally cry and feel a bit hot and like I'm not in the room my heart pounds vision goes fuzzy and my ears constantly buzz been like it for a few months now 
    • Posted

I will assume you are in the Uk by the Eastenders reference. It seems you may have some lingering health anxiety or underlying tension that is manifesting itself in what you describe.

I would recommend trying 5htp as it can give your serotonin levels a boost naturally. If this works you will know your levels were low and no need for any more trial and error. If not you can then try other supplements. I am not saying this is definitely the answer but tends to give a good indication either way without being given full in Ssri's only to find they are useless and give you horrible side effects.

Source: Holland and Barrett's 5htp link below for you.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/search?query=5htp&isSearch=true#totalNumRecs=7&rpp=15

• Posted

Hi Vicky, 

Sounds as though you have anxiety bad, and Im not saying 'you just have anxiety' because sometimes anxiety can be even worse cause it feels never ending, the amount of times I've wished here was actually something physically wrong me that I could just take pills for instead of this mental battle. I am exactly the same as you! I got blurred union (still have it) from what the opticians and doctors say is dry eyes and from there I became obsessed withe idea that I might have some deadly illness-like you one of the first symptoms I got was the lump in the throat feeling. 

I'm going for cbt on Thursday, hopefully it helps! 

Although anxiety is awful, it sounds as though your symptoms are from anxiety (unless we've both got the same fatal illness :-p) so I hope this eases your worries a little.

don't think the doctors take me seriously either anymore,good luck, xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.