Dr. Appt today!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Finally! The pro-gest cream has helped a little..had a melt down last night told DH I can not do this marriage anymore(5th time I told him I was done) I actually feel like dr Jeckle/Hyde..God, he is used to my melt downs but I know he hurts everytime I say things like this. Sleep is evading again last night 3.5 hours. I have tried aleve pm since the joint pain is bothersome and for one night I did get 8hrs sleep but the next night again taking the aleve pm..not a thing. Have I mentioned that I am 7 months smoke free! I wonder if the chantix halped my mood because after stopping the meds 4 months ago..bam! Life is out of control..anxiety is so bad. No sex life at all, DH has a stressful job also..I have gained 30 lbs and hate myself just trying to get through each day. I pray that this new Dr. Is going to help me figure out WTH is going on with me. Thank you ladies for all the helpful info being shared on this board.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck Testy!  Stay strong at your appointment!  Write some notes so you do not get sidetracked 😀

• Posted

Yes, did a spiral with everything wrote down..amazing how you realise how that many symptoms are related!

Brain fog being one!

• Posted

Hi Testy...congratulations on being smoke free! Chantix seemed to help with my moods. Good luck with the Dr. appointment. I know how you feel. Please tell us how it goes.
  • Posted

Hi I am going through this also . Told my husband I want a divorce then when I came back to my senses worked things out. It's like a roller coaster for me. I can't get nothing done in the house just not motivated and tired all the time. I work part time and that is a struggle. No sex life for 6months now. I worry he's going to go somewhere else. He doesn't understand what I am going through . I have an acvupunter treatment today just so desperate to try anything to get my life back. This is not who I am. You would think they would have something for this phase of our life 5,10 ,yes is way tò long to deal with these symptoms robs us of our life. Sending hugs and if you find anything that works for you let me know. ?

• Posted

I too work part time so I have time to do housework but I'm weird because it calms me😁 or reading or lawn work. I am one of those people who can not relax no matter what. My mind never shuts down! I used to drink wine to relax but didn't want to become dependant and couldn't take with the chantix so i quit...maybe that bottle in the fridge is still there.....

• Posted

I know it's not funny BUT I just had a melt-down too...  I was so livid that I told him off and sent a couple emails about what I think.  He's got some things to work on too but blames me and expects me to do more and work more hours at work..  I literally can't and need help around the house, I'm not 30 anymore!!  Last week I was up 3 nights in a row from 2-5 for whatever reason. And the last few night I've been in bed at 11 but just feel wiped out!! Maybe it's aniexty that is doing this.  Also on my period which is SO HEAVY so my sleep is interrupted as well.  But I understand why there are so many divorces around this age.

• Posted

Nope not laughing. With me I am 46 and haven't had a period in 8-9 months. We laughed thinking at least I wouldn't get pregnant...if I only knew what I know now. Wiped out also...no sleep can't even lay down to nap in the afternoon...anyone else that way...I just can't sleep!

• Posted

Yeah, same here Testy...I get full body fatigue some days...but I do not yawn or sleep!  I cannot nap during the day either!  
  • Posted

Be careful throwing that word out there. Let me tell you going through this ALONE is awful and meeting somebody new is very difficult . I understand having a man around who is not sympathetic but most men aren’t so ..... from somebody who recently got divorced ... it’s very tough . 
    • Posted

Lori..I am sorry. Sometimes things come out of my mouth without thinking. I would be lost without him after 24 years.
    • Posted

Yes you would ! Just watch what you say ... I’m here alone with mono 6 months and let me tell you ..... a significant other would be nice right now ! 
    • Posted

Hi Lori,  I am addicted to watching 90 day fiancé.  I see so many middle aged women and older chasing around these “ studs” from other countries...that could be their children!  I watch it and am sad for them.  These are relatively sane looking women, capable of making sound decisions.  I honestly think, my god, some of these women have flipped their lids!  But, no...they are just lonely. Men choose the 20 year olds because they are obviously trying to regain their youth.  The difference is...the women really want that commitment.  

• Posted

Well I’m one of those ! At 49 I had a 24 year old boyfriend for a year ... I know I know too young maybe .

I wasn’t loooking for a boyfriend and it just happened and yes he was stunning ! I just used to look at his beauty 🤣

We had fun for a year but too controlling and jealous. 

Now I’m not interested in anybody just don’t have the energy with my illness . 

• Posted

That is awesome Lori!  You were a cougar!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Posted

Lori 

I don't think the age gap relationship is that unusual any more and many women I know try out an age gap relationship at least once. I have a friend whose been with her husband over 20 years and they have at least 13 years difference and he's the younger one. Her first husband was not a nice guy.

I don't think age gap relationships are pitiful as long as both treat each other respect, are in agreement if they want casual or serious and that they treat each others as equals. I've been approached with let's do dinner sometime, etc. from younger men occasionally but I haven't taken any of them up on it. I don't do casual well so I don't pursue it. All seemingly nice men. They really might just mean dinner. 

The honest truth is by the time we get to 60( I am 57) there are 4 women for every 1 man so either you luck out and find someone in your age group or you have to go younger. 

• Posted

I can’t date right now due to my mono it takes so much energy and I just don’t have it . I’ve only had a husband and a boyfriend in 18 years it’s rare to find somebody that you just click with .... and age isn’t a factor you just connect . 
    • Posted

Lou I just took a peak at that show. That's scary and from the few videos I saw the younger guys are jerks. I think a woman or a man who is interested in someone younger has to be completely aware of the younger person's motives just like a younger woman or man need to be aware so they don't get used by an older adult. It can go both ways. I've seen older women engage in casual relationships and then basically talk about the guy like he was nothing. A few times the younger man would get attached after a while. I think if a woman is going to sleep with a younger man she should at least like the guy as a human being.

• Posted

Actually some of the women are a bit mean too. Counseling needed.
    • Posted

Oh I agree 100%...I watch that show and the women that are getting with the jerky guys..I think, wow...you had to go online and look abroad for someone?  We have plenty of a******s right at home...so much wasted time and energy!  I dunno... I am 41 and married 19 years 😊

• Posted

Stay married ! It’s no fun dating although you think it would be .. maybe in your 20’s but at 52.. it’s slim out there . 
    • Posted

Yes, I agree with that. I have a few friends who are single and they get very frustrated at times. No doubt I will stay married as I don't think I would be strong mentally otherwise. I just try and get out with friends as much as I can and I'm content with that!  : ) In February, I'm hoping to go away someplace warm without them so that will something to look forward to as well!

• Posted

Your relationship goes through stages the longer you stay together but if the foundation is solid and you both want it then keep  the fire burning !
    • Posted

Never been one for the dating scene!  Met my husband, we got married.  Pickins were slim even when I was in my 20s... I could smell a jerk from a mile away! Besides, all 4 of my brothers were alive back then...god help anybody coming near me! 🤣

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.