Dr Greger: prostate cell growth rates drop almost immediately .. for up to 28 years straight

Posted , 7 users are following.

Imo, his webpages on BPH are really worthwhile reading, fellow tribesmen!

SNIP:

[in] Some Prostates Are Larger than Others it’s extremely rare in certain populations and diet may be to blame for our BPH epidemic. What if you already have it though?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Link please. It does no good to post some random snippet without a link. If you think it's worthwhile, share it. 

• Posted

Why don't mods like links? This is 2018? Everything on the internet is links now. It makes no sense. It's not an endorsement. 

• Posted

Copy the thread title and google it. The article will show up
    • Posted

Yes, copy my snip and google it.

Here's one good nugget there:  Flax seeds good as meds in halting prostate growth.

• Posted

Is that true? How much do you need to eat? How? 
    • Posted

Sorry Motto, I'm not yet up to speed on that one, since I'm now dealing with CKD mostly.

I'll buy the flax because my uro didn't want to prescribe prostate-shrinking meds yesterday, saying that meds take months to work, and my kidney issue is more serious, now that I'm peeing normally without cathing.

• Posted

I read until it said plant based diet...that’s not living to me. 

But thanks for sharing. And most of us already know you have to search the thread topics due to the heavy moderation of this site.

Motto will have to learn the hard way like the rest of us. By typing a long post and having it vanish into the deep of the internet. 

• Posted

Yes, thanks. I haven't been a member long enough to see the heavy moderation. I mean, links? C'mon. Yeah, you can ban links that are spammy or trying to sell crap but a general rule like that is absurd. 

• Posted

Anecdotally, I know quite a few men that had BPH prior to going on a keto diet. BPH symptoms went away after a year or so. YMMV
  • Posted

Not a diet that will be acceptable for most people, imo.  And the "evidence" is pretty minimal.  

• Posted

I believe that Dr. Greger is the best of the best, and have huge respect for his science-based nutritionfacts.org website. Thanks for the link. I have never eaten meat of any kind in my entire life and I am now 71 years old. But I was raised on a dairy and used raw milk and lots of eggs while I was growing up. As an older adult I am now totally vegan (OK, I gave up milk some 25 years ago and eggs only two years ago) and I eat lots of greens and beans. I now eat a Dr. Greger diet with huge salads and ground flax and broccoli sprouts and lots of delicious veggies and fruit. Yet my prostate was 127 CC in size until I had PAE for my BPH symptoms just over a month ago. No, my prostate did not get any smaller during the last two years of my life as far as I can tell, and my BPH symptoms continued to get worse. And I was only using about an egg a week during the last few years before going totally vegan. I am much improved now after my PAE procedure. I am up only two or three times a night instead of five to seven times an night, yet I still experience extreme urinary urgency at inopportune times. Are there any lifetime vegans out there to test the idea of prostate cell growth? I believe the milk and eggs are some of the worst problems in the American diet, along with meat and fat and refined vegetable oil. I have been on a better diet lately and hope to avoid getting cancer which every other male in my family history has had. I believe that Dr. Greger's diet is excellent at avoiding cancer. My father, a physician, died of metastasized prostate cancer at age 71 while he was otherwise still vigorous. I am having far too much fun to die! Thanks for the post. Bill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.