Dreadful nausea in the morning

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had been on 20gm fluoxetine for about 2-3years. Came off for a short spell clinical depression returned. However about 9 months ago felt so well gradually came off again. However approximately 4 weeks ago felt the depression returning so started straight back on 20gms again ( my very good doctor lets me keep some just in case). However been on them about 3-4 weeks this time and suffering far more side effects than before. The morning nausea is dreadful. Wears off in the afternoon and I a actually feel well. However. The following morning the sickness is back no appetite.My doctor says as it worked well before just taking longer to kick in. This morning sickness is just he'll and I see no end to it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Valleyheath

I can really feel for you re the nausea. I've been on flu for 5 and a half years and am weaning myself off the damn drugs more slowly than i wish to thanks to a blip early on with mixed results. I've found that nausea is the 1 side effect that has remained throughout the entire experience.

A natural product i find helps to alleviate the problem is a ginger tea made by Pukka called 3 ginger tea. If you also get nausea headaches (i do) try the 4head stick as i find normal paracetamol/aspirin concoctions don't touch them. Try 'googling' natural remedies for nausea.

Good luck and if i can think of anything else i'll let you know.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply. I am already drinking ginger tea and yes it does work. Also drinking coke which my doctor 40 years ago recommended for extreme morning sickness! I have now started taking the pill at night instead of morning and the nausea wore off quicker! It I just seems such a long journey to get back to where I was only a few months ago. My doctor has suggested staying on the drug as it worked for ever. To be honest I now agree with him. I can't go through another spell od this.On the good side I actually sang along to the radio this morning whilst showering. This is something I haven't done for weeks so I must be improving!Last week I could hardly get into the shower!

• Posted

Update on the nausea. Have been feeling so much worse with nausea this time round -though depression is lifting. Spoke to my doctor today and he has immediately switched me to citallopram today with omeprazole Said he can't understand why this time round the side effects are so much worse! Here goes. He did say that as I have been on Prozac for 4 weeks I will not be going back to day 1 again as they are the same family
    • Posted

Anxiety and depression now nausea too.  Appetite sometimes returns by evening. No luck with anti deps.  On warfarin so cant take omeprazole. Stuck here like boat without paddle.  Did citalopram help? Gives me nausea too. Any help appreciated.  Maybe I just sit it out and hope it goes in time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.