dreaming and citraphram 20mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, am just over 2 weeks into treatment and am now having terrible dreams. Has anyone else experienced this?

Still feeling very low and can sleep all day on and off

but wake up during night?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare.. I m on day 8 or 9 on 10 mg and yes I have vivid dreams!! X
  • Posted

Yes I think scary and weird dreams are normal on this medicine - but it should pass in time.  It's part of the awful side effects that happen at the start of taking them.  Usually takes around 6-8 weeks to feel the benefits.

I've taken these for 15 years and can honestly say they're the best thing ever!

K xx

• Posted

Hopefully this will give you a laugh!!.. Last night I dreamt that I had to have my belly scanned, I could see the screen.. In my belly was a small reindeer!!! They then found a plastic lid that went on my sons lunchbox!.. Somehow they just got it out and handed it to me!!..I kid you not!.. I m not mad/drunk!.. Just on cit! X
  • Posted

Yes I also have been getting nightmares and vivd dreams! I am 4 weeks into treatment. Just try and stick it through! Nightmares were one of my least concerned side effects. Hopefully thats all you will get as a side effect. As for sleeping I read it is normal to have an unusual sleeping pattern, as mine went bonkers as well! I sleep from 8am-4pm regularly if I do manage to get it to sleep! I am told it will pass!

Good luck, hope your feeling better soon!

• Posted

Thank you all.  Glad its not just me, just scary how realistic the dreams are.  Will keep persivering and hopefully they will settle down.  
  • Posted

Yes, nightmares and disturbing dreams all the time.  They felt so real so that didn't help my depression at all.  If they continue, tell your doc. and get a change of tablet.
  • Posted

I'm on my 4th week and have the same problem. Feel like all I do is sleep at the minute. The vivid dreams are a nightly annoyance too. Hoping they subside. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.